May 30, 2012, 12:36 PM EDT
Following this morning’s practice, Brown was asked about what it’ll be like to face off with Brodeur and he said it’s not so big for the rest of the team as it is for his goalie.
“I think from a players’ standpoint it’s just another goalie,” Brown said. “For Quicky it’s probably something special to compete against a guy like Marty who’s a Hall Of Famer.”
Just another goalie, eh? All right so then how do you go about beating Martin Brodeur? Brown has some ideas.
“I think we just go after him. Every goalie has some positives and negatives,” Brown says.
“This time of year it’s generally not pretty goals, it’s just getting a lot shots on net and getting around the net and getting second opportunities and making him work in general. We gotta get him to make a bunch of saves and wear him down.”
It sounds simple enough to say and to put down on paper, but actually doing it against a legendary goalie having a renaissance in the postseason is going to be a bit tougher than that.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 0
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 0
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 17
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 25
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 19
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 31
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)