May 30, 2012, 12:36 PM EDT
Following this morning’s practice, Brown was asked about what it’ll be like to face off with Brodeur and he said it’s not so big for the rest of the team as it is for his goalie.
“I think from a players’ standpoint it’s just another goalie,” Brown said. “For Quicky it’s probably something special to compete against a guy like Marty who’s a Hall Of Famer.”
Just another goalie, eh? All right so then how do you go about beating Martin Brodeur? Brown has some ideas.
“I think we just go after him. Every goalie has some positives and negatives,” Brown says.
“This time of year it’s generally not pretty goals, it’s just getting a lot shots on net and getting around the net and getting second opportunities and making him work in general. We gotta get him to make a bunch of saves and wear him down.”
It sounds simple enough to say and to put down on paper, but actually doing it against a legendary goalie having a renaissance in the postseason is going to be a bit tougher than that.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 23
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)