May 30, 2012, 12:36 PM EDT
Following this morning’s practice, Brown was asked about what it’ll be like to face off with Brodeur and he said it’s not so big for the rest of the team as it is for his goalie.
“I think from a players’ standpoint it’s just another goalie,” Brown said. “For Quicky it’s probably something special to compete against a guy like Marty who’s a Hall Of Famer.”
Just another goalie, eh? All right so then how do you go about beating Martin Brodeur? Brown has some ideas.
“I think we just go after him. Every goalie has some positives and negatives,” Brown says.
“This time of year it’s generally not pretty goals, it’s just getting a lot shots on net and getting around the net and getting second opportunities and making him work in general. We gotta get him to make a bunch of saves and wear him down.”
It sounds simple enough to say and to put down on paper, but actually doing it against a legendary goalie having a renaissance in the postseason is going to be a bit tougher than that.
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- WATCH LIVE: Kings at Blackhawks 4
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 5
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18