May 30, 2012, 12:36 PM EDT
Following this morning’s practice, Brown was asked about what it’ll be like to face off with Brodeur and he said it’s not so big for the rest of the team as it is for his goalie.
“I think from a players’ standpoint it’s just another goalie,” Brown said. “For Quicky it’s probably something special to compete against a guy like Marty who’s a Hall Of Famer.”
Just another goalie, eh? All right so then how do you go about beating Martin Brodeur? Brown has some ideas.
“I think we just go after him. Every goalie has some positives and negatives,” Brown says.
“This time of year it’s generally not pretty goals, it’s just getting a lot shots on net and getting around the net and getting second opportunities and making him work in general. We gotta get him to make a bunch of saves and wear him down.”
It sounds simple enough to say and to put down on paper, but actually doing it against a legendary goalie having a renaissance in the postseason is going to be a bit tougher than that.
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 7
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 16
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 51
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 85
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (85)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery
- PFT: NFL want to make Pro Bowl like game show
- PFT: Bucs saw Revis injury as opportunity
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Cleary: 'We won't be exchanging Christmas cards'
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off
- Play Video: Blackhawks score on controversial play
- Play Video: Blackhawks bring the pain
- Play Video: Red Wings and BlackHawks fighting for control