May 30, 2012, 12:36 PM EST
Following this morning’s practice, Brown was asked about what it’ll be like to face off with Brodeur and he said it’s not so big for the rest of the team as it is for his goalie.
“I think from a players’ standpoint it’s just another goalie,” Brown said. “For Quicky it’s probably something special to compete against a guy like Marty who’s a Hall Of Famer.”
Just another goalie, eh? All right so then how do you go about beating Martin Brodeur? Brown has some ideas.
“I think we just go after him. Every goalie has some positives and negatives,” Brown says.
“This time of year it’s generally not pretty goals, it’s just getting a lot shots on net and getting around the net and getting second opportunities and making him work in general. We gotta get him to make a bunch of saves and wear him down.”
It sounds simple enough to say and to put down on paper, but actually doing it against a legendary goalie having a renaissance in the postseason is going to be a bit tougher than that.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 22
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)