May 30, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
Tonight in Newark, more than a week after advancing to the Stanley Cup finals, the Los Angeles Kings will finally be back in action.
The long layoff begs the question, what about rust? Will the Kings be covered in it against the Devils?
“We’re right on the edge there. Seven days…eight days,” said Brown. “I think you go nine or ten days you might be going a little too long.”
Granted, it’s not like the Devils played last night. They eliminated the Rangers Friday, giving them four full days of rest.
But New Jersey coach Peter DeBoer still thinks his team should be the sharper one.
“[The shorter layoff] gave us an advantage against Philly, I thought, in Game 1. I thought we were the sharper team to start that game even though we lost. I believe we outshot them,” he said. “We ended up losing that game. We ran out of gas, but I thought we were the sharper team in Game 1 probably due to the long layoff they had.”
The Devils had just two days off between the first and second rounds; Philadelphia had six.
Of course, after the Devils made short work of the Flyers and had five days to wait for the Rangers, DeBoer said, “I don’t think there’s such a thing as too much rest this time of year.”
So yeah, let’s drop the puck already.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)