May 30, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
Tonight in Newark, more than a week after advancing to the Stanley Cup finals, the Los Angeles Kings will finally be back in action.
The long layoff begs the question, what about rust? Will the Kings be covered in it against the Devils?
“We’re right on the edge there. Seven days…eight days,” said Brown. “I think you go nine or ten days you might be going a little too long.”
Granted, it’s not like the Devils played last night. They eliminated the Rangers Friday, giving them four full days of rest.
But New Jersey coach Peter DeBoer still thinks his team should be the sharper one.
“[The shorter layoff] gave us an advantage against Philly, I thought, in Game 1. I thought we were the sharper team to start that game even though we lost. I believe we outshot them,” he said. “We ended up losing that game. We ran out of gas, but I thought we were the sharper team in Game 1 probably due to the long layoff they had.”
The Devils had just two days off between the first and second rounds; Philadelphia had six.
Of course, after the Devils made short work of the Flyers and had five days to wait for the Rangers, DeBoer said, “I don’t think there’s such a thing as too much rest this time of year.”
So yeah, let’s drop the puck already.
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 7
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 2
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 16
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 47
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 19
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 9
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 60
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (47)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)