May 30, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
Tonight in Newark, more than a week after advancing to the Stanley Cup finals, the Los Angeles Kings will finally be back in action.
The long layoff begs the question, what about rust? Will the Kings be covered in it against the Devils?
“We’re right on the edge there. Seven days…eight days,” said Brown. “I think you go nine or ten days you might be going a little too long.”
Granted, it’s not like the Devils played last night. They eliminated the Rangers Friday, giving them four full days of rest.
But New Jersey coach Peter DeBoer still thinks his team should be the sharper one.
“[The shorter layoff] gave us an advantage against Philly, I thought, in Game 1. I thought we were the sharper team to start that game even though we lost. I believe we outshot them,” he said. “We ended up losing that game. We ran out of gas, but I thought we were the sharper team in Game 1 probably due to the long layoff they had.”
The Devils had just two days off between the first and second rounds; Philadelphia had six.
Of course, after the Devils made short work of the Flyers and had five days to wait for the Rangers, DeBoer said, “I don’t think there’s such a thing as too much rest this time of year.”
So yeah, let’s drop the puck already.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)