May 30, 2012, 10:50 PM EDT
Martin Brodeur has won the Stanley Cup three times and is going for his fourth. It’s safe to say that the vast majority of his career as an NHL goaltender is in the rear view mirror, but more and more it looks like this postseason run won’t mark the end of his playing days.
Check out the video below to see Brodeur talk about his past and look towards the future:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
One thing to keep in mind as we get deeper into this series is that the one trophy that has alluded Brodeur despite his past success in the playoffs is the Conn Smythe Trophy. There are plenty of worthy candidates on the Kings and the Devils, but if Brodeur shines in the finals, then this could finally be the year he gets it.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)