May 30, 2012, 7:53 PM EDT
About two years ago, Marian Hossa expunged the frustrations of losing in two straight Stanley Cup finals series in a row (with two different teams) by winning one with the Chicago Blackhawks. A controversial hit by Phoenix Coyotes forward Raffi Torres made one wonder if he’d ever be the same again, but CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers provides a promising update from Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman.
Bowman told Myers that Hossa is “feeling much better” but is unsure if that means he’ll be ready for training camp.
“We’re sitting here in May, projecting out to training camp in September: I can’t predict it, but I’m very encouraged that he’ll be ready to participate by then,” Bowman said. “He’ll get some rest here. I think he’ll be ready to go. He had a good (2011-12) season with that rest (last summer). We’re hoping this summer will provide that, too.”
Hossa told reporters earlier in May that he’d like to be ready for training camp, yet it remains to be seen. Either way, it’s promising to hear that the talented winger is making progress from what was a very scary-looking hit.
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 1
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 3
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 26
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 27
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming