May 30, 2012, 7:53 PM EST
About two years ago, Marian Hossa expunged the frustrations of losing in two straight Stanley Cup finals series in a row (with two different teams) by winning one with the Chicago Blackhawks. A controversial hit by Phoenix Coyotes forward Raffi Torres made one wonder if he’d ever be the same again, but CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers provides a promising update from Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman.
Bowman told Myers that Hossa is “feeling much better” but is unsure if that means he’ll be ready for training camp.
“We’re sitting here in May, projecting out to training camp in September: I can’t predict it, but I’m very encouraged that he’ll be ready to participate by then,” Bowman said. “He’ll get some rest here. I think he’ll be ready to go. He had a good (2011-12) season with that rest (last summer). We’re hoping this summer will provide that, too.”
Hossa told reporters earlier in May that he’d like to be ready for training camp, yet it remains to be seen. Either way, it’s promising to hear that the talented winger is making progress from what was a very scary-looking hit.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Wounded Wing: Howard (MCL sprain) out 2-4 weeks 2
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 51
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 28
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 46
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 22
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 85
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)