May 30, 2012, 7:53 PM EDT
About two years ago, Marian Hossa expunged the frustrations of losing in two straight Stanley Cup finals series in a row (with two different teams) by winning one with the Chicago Blackhawks. A controversial hit by Phoenix Coyotes forward Raffi Torres made one wonder if he’d ever be the same again, but CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers provides a promising update from Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman.
Bowman told Myers that Hossa is “feeling much better” but is unsure if that means he’ll be ready for training camp.
“We’re sitting here in May, projecting out to training camp in September: I can’t predict it, but I’m very encouraged that he’ll be ready to participate by then,” Bowman said. “He’ll get some rest here. I think he’ll be ready to go. He had a good (2011-12) season with that rest (last summer). We’re hoping this summer will provide that, too.”
Hossa told reporters earlier in May that he’d like to be ready for training camp, yet it remains to be seen. Either way, it’s promising to hear that the talented winger is making progress from what was a very scary-looking hit.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 3
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 10
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 26
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 44
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 104
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 21
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 37
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (104)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)