May 30, 2012, 7:53 PM EDT
About two years ago, Marian Hossa expunged the frustrations of losing in two straight Stanley Cup finals series in a row (with two different teams) by winning one with the Chicago Blackhawks. A controversial hit by Phoenix Coyotes forward Raffi Torres made one wonder if he’d ever be the same again, but CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers provides a promising update from Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman.
Bowman told Myers that Hossa is “feeling much better” but is unsure if that means he’ll be ready for training camp.
“We’re sitting here in May, projecting out to training camp in September: I can’t predict it, but I’m very encouraged that he’ll be ready to participate by then,” Bowman said. “He’ll get some rest here. I think he’ll be ready to go. He had a good (2011-12) season with that rest (last summer). We’re hoping this summer will provide that, too.”
Hossa told reporters earlier in May that he’d like to be ready for training camp, yet it remains to be seen. Either way, it’s promising to hear that the talented winger is making progress from what was a very scary-looking hit.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 26
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 26
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)