May 30, 2012, 9:39 PM EDT
NHL commissioner Gary Bettman answered questions on a wide variety of issues over the course of a five-minute interview. You can check it out below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
One point he made that I’d like to highlight is that the number of reported concussions went down “a little bit” this season. That might come as a surprise to some people because of all the big name players that missed significant periods of time due to head injuries. It can be easy to lose sight of the big picture when guys like Sidney Crosby, Jonathan Toews, and Chris Pronger get sidelined.
Concussions are still a serious issue, but it’s encouraging to hear that some progress is being made.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)