May 29, 2012, 8:27 PM EDT
Blame it on the pancakes if you want, but at some point something clicked in Los Angeles Kings winger Dustin Penner. He’s probably always been funny, yet now he’s sharing it with us – or perhaps being prompted to share that side of his personality more – and it’s a glorious thing.
Penner really does make a point, though, as you can see from this AP photo of Eminem and a screen grab of Quick from that video:
Well played, Penner.
If I remember “8 Mile” correctly, Eminem’s nickname was “Rabbit.” Rabbits are pretty quick, so this comparison might have legs.
Even if it doesn’t, go ahead and admit it; You have this song in your head too now.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)