May 29, 2012, 10:27 AM EDT
A number of teams are looking for goaltending this summer and it sounds like the Ottawa Senators could be in the market to deal some away.
No, Craig Anderson isn’t going anywhere but youngsters like Ben Bishop or Robin Lehner could be according to Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun. Garrioch says while the Senators are happy with both players and have ideas on how to handle them for next season, teams desperate for help in goal could encourage them to make a move.
However, the Jackets, Leafs and Bolts may covet either Ottawa backup Ben Bishop or top prospect Robin Lehner.
The Senators aren’t in a hurry to trade either Bishop, acquired from the St. Louis Blues for a second-round pick at this year’s deadline, or Lehner, but that mindset could change if Murray gets an offer he can’t refuse.
Columbus has made no bones about being unhappy with Steve Mason, Toronto may have their eyes elsewhere already, and Tampa Bay said they’re not actually against trading for a goalie. Both Bishop and Lehner are young and Lehner is believed to be destined for another season in the AHL whether Bishop stays or not. If Ottawa is down to move either guy, they could score a decent haul from a desperate team.
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 0
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 10
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 64
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 7
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 48
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 98
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)