May 29, 2012, 10:27 AM EST
A number of teams are looking for goaltending this summer and it sounds like the Ottawa Senators could be in the market to deal some away.
No, Craig Anderson isn’t going anywhere but youngsters like Ben Bishop or Robin Lehner could be according to Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun. Garrioch says while the Senators are happy with both players and have ideas on how to handle them for next season, teams desperate for help in goal could encourage them to make a move.
However, the Jackets, Leafs and Bolts may covet either Ottawa backup Ben Bishop or top prospect Robin Lehner.
The Senators aren’t in a hurry to trade either Bishop, acquired from the St. Louis Blues for a second-round pick at this year’s deadline, or Lehner, but that mindset could change if Murray gets an offer he can’t refuse.
Columbus has made no bones about being unhappy with Steve Mason, Toronto may have their eyes elsewhere already, and Tampa Bay said they’re not actually against trading for a goalie. Both Bishop and Lehner are young and Lehner is believed to be destined for another season in the AHL whether Bishop stays or not. If Ottawa is down to move either guy, they could score a decent haul from a desperate team.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 16
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 61
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (61)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)