May 29, 2012, 10:27 AM EST
A number of teams are looking for goaltending this summer and it sounds like the Ottawa Senators could be in the market to deal some away.
No, Craig Anderson isn’t going anywhere but youngsters like Ben Bishop or Robin Lehner could be according to Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun. Garrioch says while the Senators are happy with both players and have ideas on how to handle them for next season, teams desperate for help in goal could encourage them to make a move.
However, the Jackets, Leafs and Bolts may covet either Ottawa backup Ben Bishop or top prospect Robin Lehner.
The Senators aren’t in a hurry to trade either Bishop, acquired from the St. Louis Blues for a second-round pick at this year’s deadline, or Lehner, but that mindset could change if Murray gets an offer he can’t refuse.
Columbus has made no bones about being unhappy with Steve Mason, Toronto may have their eyes elsewhere already, and Tampa Bay said they’re not actually against trading for a goalie. Both Bishop and Lehner are young and Lehner is believed to be destined for another season in the AHL whether Bishop stays or not. If Ottawa is down to move either guy, they could score a decent haul from a desperate team.
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 3
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 11
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 10
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 60
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 77
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (137)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)