May 29, 2012, 10:27 AM EDT
A number of teams are looking for goaltending this summer and it sounds like the Ottawa Senators could be in the market to deal some away.
No, Craig Anderson isn’t going anywhere but youngsters like Ben Bishop or Robin Lehner could be according to Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun. Garrioch says while the Senators are happy with both players and have ideas on how to handle them for next season, teams desperate for help in goal could encourage them to make a move.
However, the Jackets, Leafs and Bolts may covet either Ottawa backup Ben Bishop or top prospect Robin Lehner.
The Senators aren’t in a hurry to trade either Bishop, acquired from the St. Louis Blues for a second-round pick at this year’s deadline, or Lehner, but that mindset could change if Murray gets an offer he can’t refuse.
Columbus has made no bones about being unhappy with Steve Mason, Toronto may have their eyes elsewhere already, and Tampa Bay said they’re not actually against trading for a goalie. Both Bishop and Lehner are young and Lehner is believed to be destined for another season in the AHL whether Bishop stays or not. If Ottawa is down to move either guy, they could score a decent haul from a desperate team.
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 4
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)