May 28, 2012, 1:48 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators may know very soon if they’ll get Ryan Suter back. The defenseman’s agent, Neil Sheehy, told The Tennessean he plans to speak with Preds GM David Poile “sometime this week” about his client’s future.
Suter could become an unrestricted free agent on July 1. Or, he could sign with Nashville beforehand. Or, his exclusive negotiating rights could be traded beforehand, a la Jay Bouwmeester in 2009.
According to The Tennessean, “the fact that the Predators and Suter are willing to discuss his status should be considered a ‘not bad’ sign for Nashville. After all, Suter could have easily said ‘no’ and decided to test his value on the open market.”
The consensus opinion among observers is that Suter will sign elsewhere, with Detroit emerging as the favorite destination.
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 5
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 36
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 24
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 32
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)