May 28, 2012, 11:35 AM EST
The “five words” motif was decent in the conference finals — everybody got at least one pick right — with special mention going to Jason Brough for being the only one to choose New Jersey over New York.
(Of course, Jason was also the only one to take the Coyotes over the Kings.)
Moving along, here are PHT’s staff picks for the Stanley Cup finals…using only five words.
No more, no less.
Stanley Cup finals: No. 6 New Jersey vs. No. 8 Los Angeles
Ryan Dadoun (Kings in 7): It will be incredibly close.
James O’Brien (Kings in 6): Quick wrestles torch from Marty.
Joe Yerdon (Kings in 6): Go ahead and crown them.
Jason Brough (Kings in 6): Kings can handle Devils’ forechecking.
Mike Halford (Devils in 7): Brodeur goes out on top.
Round 1 results:
Round 2 results
Round 3 results
Everybody went 1-for-2.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)