May 28, 2012, 11:35 AM EDT
The “five words” motif was decent in the conference finals — everybody got at least one pick right — with special mention going to Jason Brough for being the only one to choose New Jersey over New York.
(Of course, Jason was also the only one to take the Coyotes over the Kings.)
Moving along, here are PHT’s staff picks for the Stanley Cup finals…using only five words.
No more, no less.
Stanley Cup finals: No. 6 New Jersey vs. No. 8 Los Angeles
Ryan Dadoun (Kings in 7): It will be incredibly close.
James O’Brien (Kings in 6): Quick wrestles torch from Marty.
Joe Yerdon (Kings in 6): Go ahead and crown them.
Jason Brough (Kings in 6): Kings can handle Devils’ forechecking.
Mike Halford (Devils in 7): Brodeur goes out on top.
Round 1 results:
Round 2 results
Round 3 results
Everybody went 1-for-2.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (68)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)