May 28, 2012, 11:35 AM EDT
The “five words” motif was decent in the conference finals — everybody got at least one pick right — with special mention going to Jason Brough for being the only one to choose New Jersey over New York.
(Of course, Jason was also the only one to take the Coyotes over the Kings.)
Moving along, here are PHT’s staff picks for the Stanley Cup finals…using only five words.
No more, no less.
Stanley Cup finals: No. 6 New Jersey vs. No. 8 Los Angeles
Ryan Dadoun (Kings in 7): It will be incredibly close.
James O’Brien (Kings in 6): Quick wrestles torch from Marty.
Joe Yerdon (Kings in 6): Go ahead and crown them.
Jason Brough (Kings in 6): Kings can handle Devils’ forechecking.
Mike Halford (Devils in 7): Brodeur goes out on top.
Round 1 results:
Round 2 results
Round 3 results
Everybody went 1-for-2.
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 14
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 12
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 28
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 43
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (43)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal (39)