May 28, 2012, 11:35 AM EDT
The “five words” motif was decent in the conference finals — everybody got at least one pick right — with special mention going to Jason Brough for being the only one to choose New Jersey over New York.
(Of course, Jason was also the only one to take the Coyotes over the Kings.)
Moving along, here are PHT’s staff picks for the Stanley Cup finals…using only five words.
No more, no less.
Stanley Cup finals: No. 6 New Jersey vs. No. 8 Los Angeles
Ryan Dadoun (Kings in 7): It will be incredibly close.
James O’Brien (Kings in 6): Quick wrestles torch from Marty.
Joe Yerdon (Kings in 6): Go ahead and crown them.
Jason Brough (Kings in 6): Kings can handle Devils’ forechecking.
Mike Halford (Devils in 7): Brodeur goes out on top.
Round 1 results:
Round 2 results
Round 3 results
Everybody went 1-for-2.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 56
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)