May 28, 2012, 11:35 AM EST
The “five words” motif was decent in the conference finals — everybody got at least one pick right — with special mention going to Jason Brough for being the only one to choose New Jersey over New York.
(Of course, Jason was also the only one to take the Coyotes over the Kings.)
Moving along, here are PHT’s staff picks for the Stanley Cup finals…using only five words.
No more, no less.
Stanley Cup finals: No. 6 New Jersey vs. No. 8 Los Angeles
Ryan Dadoun (Kings in 7): It will be incredibly close.
James O’Brien (Kings in 6): Quick wrestles torch from Marty.
Joe Yerdon (Kings in 6): Go ahead and crown them.
Jason Brough (Kings in 6): Kings can handle Devils’ forechecking.
Mike Halford (Devils in 7): Brodeur goes out on top.
Round 1 results:
Round 2 results
Round 3 results
Everybody went 1-for-2.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 24
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 23
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 42
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)