May 28, 2012, 10:40 PM EDT
In 2011-12, Marian Gaborik did something he’s never done before: Play a full 82 games. On top of that, he participated in all 20 of the Rangers’ playoff contests.
That’s quite the feat for a player that missed at least 20 games in three of his previous five campaigns. However, Gaborik might have accomplished that by playing through an injury in the playoffs.
Gaborik is believed to have hurt his shoulder early in the postseason and he didn’t do anything to dispel those rumors on Monday. When asked about the possibility of requiring a procedure or medical treatment over the summer, Gaborik offered a vague and open-ended response.
“I don’t want to talk about it,” he said. “I’ll know in a few days.”
Gaborik had 41 goals in the regular season, but he wasn’t nearly as effective in Eastern Conference finals. He had just one goal and no assists in the Rangers’ six-game series against the New Jersey Devils.
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 36
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (38)