May 28, 2012, 10:40 PM EST
In 2011-12, Marian Gaborik did something he’s never done before: Play a full 82 games. On top of that, he participated in all 20 of the Rangers’ playoff contests.
That’s quite the feat for a player that missed at least 20 games in three of his previous five campaigns. However, Gaborik might have accomplished that by playing through an injury in the playoffs.
Gaborik is believed to have hurt his shoulder early in the postseason and he didn’t do anything to dispel those rumors on Monday. When asked about the possibility of requiring a procedure or medical treatment over the summer, Gaborik offered a vague and open-ended response.
“I don’t want to talk about it,” he said. “I’ll know in a few days.”
Gaborik had 41 goals in the regular season, but he wasn’t nearly as effective in Eastern Conference finals. He had just one goal and no assists in the Rangers’ six-game series against the New Jersey Devils.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)