May 28, 2012, 10:40 PM EDT
In 2011-12, Marian Gaborik did something he’s never done before: Play a full 82 games. On top of that, he participated in all 20 of the Rangers’ playoff contests.
That’s quite the feat for a player that missed at least 20 games in three of his previous five campaigns. However, Gaborik might have accomplished that by playing through an injury in the playoffs.
Gaborik is believed to have hurt his shoulder early in the postseason and he didn’t do anything to dispel those rumors on Monday. When asked about the possibility of requiring a procedure or medical treatment over the summer, Gaborik offered a vague and open-ended response.
“I don’t want to talk about it,” he said. “I’ll know in a few days.”
Gaborik had 41 goals in the regular season, but he wasn’t nearly as effective in Eastern Conference finals. He had just one goal and no assists in the Rangers’ six-game series against the New Jersey Devils.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 69
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 32
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (92)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (69)