May 27, 2012, 3:35 PM EST
Losing a playoff series can lead to a lot of feelings. Dismay, sadness, and sometimes disbelief. You can file away Jaromir Jagr‘s feelings about the Flyers’ playoff exit in the second round as “incredulous.”
Jagr wrote in his blog for a Czech website discussing how things went down against New Jersey and he’s still pretty miffed about the Flyers’ performance against the Devils.
I still can’t explain why we stopped skating, all of a sudden! Or why we were so weak, when everything had been ideal against Pittsburgh. I don’t understand at all how they could suddenly outplay us…
The matches were tight, but our overall performance was worse than theirs, that much is clear. Perhaps we had all been convinced we would win before the tie actually started. And that might also have been a problem.
Jagr says “We were like a palm; they were like a fist” as Philly played like individuals while New Jersey played as a team. That’s an accurate yet strange comparison. That’s just Jags being Jags.
Jagr also shared he had a thigh injury that bothered him on off days not allowing him to train as much as he’d like but it didn’t bother him in games. Huh.
As for his future, Jagr isn’t sure what it holds for him but hints if the Flyers look to bring in other players that could take away ice time, it might not be the best situation for him. Sound familiar, Pittsburgh? Another summer of Jagr drama might be worth it just to see fans get up in arms all over again.
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 71
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 2
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 19
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 16
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 29
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 24
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (71)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)