May 27, 2012, 3:35 PM EDT
Losing a playoff series can lead to a lot of feelings. Dismay, sadness, and sometimes disbelief. You can file away Jaromir Jagr‘s feelings about the Flyers’ playoff exit in the second round as “incredulous.”
Jagr wrote in his blog for a Czech website discussing how things went down against New Jersey and he’s still pretty miffed about the Flyers’ performance against the Devils.
I still can’t explain why we stopped skating, all of a sudden! Or why we were so weak, when everything had been ideal against Pittsburgh. I don’t understand at all how they could suddenly outplay us…
The matches were tight, but our overall performance was worse than theirs, that much is clear. Perhaps we had all been convinced we would win before the tie actually started. And that might also have been a problem.
Jagr says “We were like a palm; they were like a fist” as Philly played like individuals while New Jersey played as a team. That’s an accurate yet strange comparison. That’s just Jags being Jags.
Jagr also shared he had a thigh injury that bothered him on off days not allowing him to train as much as he’d like but it didn’t bother him in games. Huh.
As for his future, Jagr isn’t sure what it holds for him but hints if the Flyers look to bring in other players that could take away ice time, it might not be the best situation for him. Sound familiar, Pittsburgh? Another summer of Jagr drama might be worth it just to see fans get up in arms all over again.
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 17
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 4
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 7
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)