May 27, 2012, 3:35 PM EDT
Losing a playoff series can lead to a lot of feelings. Dismay, sadness, and sometimes disbelief. You can file away Jaromir Jagr‘s feelings about the Flyers’ playoff exit in the second round as “incredulous.”
Jagr wrote in his blog for a Czech website discussing how things went down against New Jersey and he’s still pretty miffed about the Flyers’ performance against the Devils.
I still can’t explain why we stopped skating, all of a sudden! Or why we were so weak, when everything had been ideal against Pittsburgh. I don’t understand at all how they could suddenly outplay us…
The matches were tight, but our overall performance was worse than theirs, that much is clear. Perhaps we had all been convinced we would win before the tie actually started. And that might also have been a problem.
Jagr says “We were like a palm; they were like a fist” as Philly played like individuals while New Jersey played as a team. That’s an accurate yet strange comparison. That’s just Jags being Jags.
Jagr also shared he had a thigh injury that bothered him on off days not allowing him to train as much as he’d like but it didn’t bother him in games. Huh.
As for his future, Jagr isn’t sure what it holds for him but hints if the Flyers look to bring in other players that could take away ice time, it might not be the best situation for him. Sound familiar, Pittsburgh? Another summer of Jagr drama might be worth it just to see fans get up in arms all over again.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (38)