May 27, 2012, 3:35 PM EST
Losing a playoff series can lead to a lot of feelings. Dismay, sadness, and sometimes disbelief. You can file away Jaromir Jagr‘s feelings about the Flyers’ playoff exit in the second round as “incredulous.”
Jagr wrote in his blog for a Czech website discussing how things went down against New Jersey and he’s still pretty miffed about the Flyers’ performance against the Devils.
I still can’t explain why we stopped skating, all of a sudden! Or why we were so weak, when everything had been ideal against Pittsburgh. I don’t understand at all how they could suddenly outplay us…
The matches were tight, but our overall performance was worse than theirs, that much is clear. Perhaps we had all been convinced we would win before the tie actually started. And that might also have been a problem.
Jagr says “We were like a palm; they were like a fist” as Philly played like individuals while New Jersey played as a team. That’s an accurate yet strange comparison. That’s just Jags being Jags.
Jagr also shared he had a thigh injury that bothered him on off days not allowing him to train as much as he’d like but it didn’t bother him in games. Huh.
As for his future, Jagr isn’t sure what it holds for him but hints if the Flyers look to bring in other players that could take away ice time, it might not be the best situation for him. Sound familiar, Pittsburgh? Another summer of Jagr drama might be worth it just to see fans get up in arms all over again.
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 3
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 0
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 16
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 17
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10