May 27, 2012, 3:35 PM EDT
Losing a playoff series can lead to a lot of feelings. Dismay, sadness, and sometimes disbelief. You can file away Jaromir Jagr‘s feelings about the Flyers’ playoff exit in the second round as “incredulous.”
Jagr wrote in his blog for a Czech website discussing how things went down against New Jersey and he’s still pretty miffed about the Flyers’ performance against the Devils.
I still can’t explain why we stopped skating, all of a sudden! Or why we were so weak, when everything had been ideal against Pittsburgh. I don’t understand at all how they could suddenly outplay us…
The matches were tight, but our overall performance was worse than theirs, that much is clear. Perhaps we had all been convinced we would win before the tie actually started. And that might also have been a problem.
Jagr says “We were like a palm; they were like a fist” as Philly played like individuals while New Jersey played as a team. That’s an accurate yet strange comparison. That’s just Jags being Jags.
Jagr also shared he had a thigh injury that bothered him on off days not allowing him to train as much as he’d like but it didn’t bother him in games. Huh.
As for his future, Jagr isn’t sure what it holds for him but hints if the Flyers look to bring in other players that could take away ice time, it might not be the best situation for him. Sound familiar, Pittsburgh? Another summer of Jagr drama might be worth it just to see fans get up in arms all over again.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (159)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)