May 26, 2012, 5:14 PM EST
While the Devils get a day off after clinching their spot in the Stanley Cup finals, the Kings were busy practicing in California.
Kings coach Darryl Sutter spoke with reporters after practice and gave his thoughts on facing the Devils in the finals. John Hoven of Mayor’s Manor was there and finds out Sutter has a pretty good grasp on what he’s dealing with in New Jersey.
“They have lots of skill up front, big wingers,” Sutter said. “Many people say they have the greatest goalie of all-time.”
That’s putting it politely as Martin Brodeur has carved out a pretty decent legacy for himself in the NHL with three Stanley Cups and numerous records and individual awards. Brodeur might just be the best guy the Kings get to face through the whole playoffs. Maybe. I guess.
“You just leave an hour earlier, no problem.”
Why didn’t we think of that first?
- In praise of the Hamburglar 3
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 4
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)