May 26, 2012, 5:14 PM EST
While the Devils get a day off after clinching their spot in the Stanley Cup finals, the Kings were busy practicing in California.
Kings coach Darryl Sutter spoke with reporters after practice and gave his thoughts on facing the Devils in the finals. John Hoven of Mayor’s Manor was there and finds out Sutter has a pretty good grasp on what he’s dealing with in New Jersey.
“They have lots of skill up front, big wingers,” Sutter said. “Many people say they have the greatest goalie of all-time.”
That’s putting it politely as Martin Brodeur has carved out a pretty decent legacy for himself in the NHL with three Stanley Cups and numerous records and individual awards. Brodeur might just be the best guy the Kings get to face through the whole playoffs. Maybe. I guess.
“You just leave an hour earlier, no problem.”
Why didn’t we think of that first?
- Video: Ovechkin becomes sixth fastest player to 400 goals in Caps win 3
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 14
- Assault charges against Varlamov dropped 31
- Carlyle on HBO presence: ‘It’s not normal what we’re living right now’ 5
- Orpik: First days after Thornton attack were ‘miserable’ 69
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 64
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 32
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 7
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 21
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 54
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head (71)