May 26, 2012, 5:14 PM EDT
While the Devils get a day off after clinching their spot in the Stanley Cup finals, the Kings were busy practicing in California.
Kings coach Darryl Sutter spoke with reporters after practice and gave his thoughts on facing the Devils in the finals. John Hoven of Mayor’s Manor was there and finds out Sutter has a pretty good grasp on what he’s dealing with in New Jersey.
“They have lots of skill up front, big wingers,” Sutter said. “Many people say they have the greatest goalie of all-time.”
That’s putting it politely as Martin Brodeur has carved out a pretty decent legacy for himself in the NHL with three Stanley Cups and numerous records and individual awards. Brodeur might just be the best guy the Kings get to face through the whole playoffs. Maybe. I guess.
“You just leave an hour earlier, no problem.”
Why didn’t we think of that first?
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 36
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 38
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)