May 26, 2012, 5:14 PM EDT
While the Devils get a day off after clinching their spot in the Stanley Cup finals, the Kings were busy practicing in California.
Kings coach Darryl Sutter spoke with reporters after practice and gave his thoughts on facing the Devils in the finals. John Hoven of Mayor’s Manor was there and finds out Sutter has a pretty good grasp on what he’s dealing with in New Jersey.
“They have lots of skill up front, big wingers,” Sutter said. “Many people say they have the greatest goalie of all-time.”
That’s putting it politely as Martin Brodeur has carved out a pretty decent legacy for himself in the NHL with three Stanley Cups and numerous records and individual awards. Brodeur might just be the best guy the Kings get to face through the whole playoffs. Maybe. I guess.
“You just leave an hour earlier, no problem.”
Why didn’t we think of that first?
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 0
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 5
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 14
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 34
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 12
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)