May 26, 2012, 5:38 PM EST
Chris Bourque’s long, strange trip just got a bit more odd.
Bourque was traded by the Washington Capitals to the Boston Bruins for prospect Zach Hamill sending Bourque, the AHL’s top scorer this season, to the city his father Raymond carved out his Hall-Of-Fame career in.
Bourque had 27 goals and 66 assists, good for 93 points, with the Hershey Bears but lost out on league MVP honors to Lightning prospect Cory Conacher. Bourque spent the majority of his career in the Capitals organization but also got a 20-game spin with the Pittsburgh Penguins. In 33 career NHL games Bourque scored one goal and three assists.
Bourque, 26, may not even see time in Boston (or Providence in the AHL) as he’ll be an unrestricted free agent this summer. Maybe he won’t need to deal with dad’s shadow directly after all. It’s doubtful that the Bruins will let him walk, however.
Hamill was at one point a top prospect in the Bruins organization but has since fallen on their depth chart. Hamill finished this past season with just eight goals and 13 assists in 41 games in Providence. He’ll be a restricted free agent this summer.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 0
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 2
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 12
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 45
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 54
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (54)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)