May 26, 2012, 4:40 PM EDT
What does Alex Ovechkin do when he’s not in the playoffs or winning gold at the World Championships? He hangs out with his girlfriend of course.
Ovechkin tweeted a photo from Paris, France saying, “Me and Maria in city of LOVE…..”
Maria, in this case, being tennis star Maria Kirilenko (who will be in the French Open, which you can see on NBC) and the photo showing the Arc de Triomphe in the background. C’est magnifique!
If you’re going to take time off away from hockey, there are worse ways to go about it. Spending it globe trotting ain’t too bad.
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 10
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 25
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 64
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1