May 26, 2012, 4:40 PM EST
What does Alex Ovechkin do when he’s not in the playoffs or winning gold at the World Championships? He hangs out with his girlfriend of course.
Ovechkin tweeted a photo from Paris, France saying, “Me and Maria in city of LOVE…..”
Maria, in this case, being tennis star Maria Kirilenko (who will be in the French Open, which you can see on NBC) and the photo showing the Arc de Triomphe in the background. C’est magnifique!
If you’re going to take time off away from hockey, there are worse ways to go about it. Spending it globe trotting ain’t too bad.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 42
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)