May 26, 2012, 4:40 PM EDT
What does Alex Ovechkin do when he’s not in the playoffs or winning gold at the World Championships? He hangs out with his girlfriend of course.
Ovechkin tweeted a photo from Paris, France saying, “Me and Maria in city of LOVE…..”
Maria, in this case, being tennis star Maria Kirilenko (who will be in the French Open, which you can see on NBC) and the photo showing the Arc de Triomphe in the background. C’est magnifique!
If you’re going to take time off away from hockey, there are worse ways to go about it. Spending it globe trotting ain’t too bad.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)