May 26, 2012, 4:40 PM EDT
What does Alex Ovechkin do when he’s not in the playoffs or winning gold at the World Championships? He hangs out with his girlfriend of course.
Ovechkin tweeted a photo from Paris, France saying, “Me and Maria in city of LOVE…..”
Maria, in this case, being tennis star Maria Kirilenko (who will be in the French Open, which you can see on NBC) and the photo showing the Arc de Triomphe in the background. C’est magnifique!
If you’re going to take time off away from hockey, there are worse ways to go about it. Spending it globe trotting ain’t too bad.
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 11
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 9
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 9
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 94
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (96)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)