May 26, 2012, 4:40 PM EDT
What does Alex Ovechkin do when he’s not in the playoffs or winning gold at the World Championships? He hangs out with his girlfriend of course.
Ovechkin tweeted a photo from Paris, France saying, “Me and Maria in city of LOVE…..”
Maria, in this case, being tennis star Maria Kirilenko (who will be in the French Open, which you can see on NBC) and the photo showing the Arc de Triomphe in the background. C’est magnifique!
If you’re going to take time off away from hockey, there are worse ways to go about it. Spending it globe trotting ain’t too bad.
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 7
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 15
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 65
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)