May 25, 2012, 9:46 PM EST
It seemed like all of Twitter went aflutter when the New Jersey Devils made it 2-0 against the New York Rangers in the first period of Game 6. The Rangers turned things around to tie things up in the middle frame, but this is still an example of beautiful – borderline orchestral – puck movement by the Devils’ power play. It culminated in Ilya Kovalchuk‘s seventh goal of the 2012 playoffs (with five coming on the man advantage):This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Something tells us that Devils assistant coach/PP guru Adam Oates will put this tally on his “resume” if he applies for a head job.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 6
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54