May 25, 2012, 9:46 PM EST
It seemed like all of Twitter went aflutter when the New Jersey Devils made it 2-0 against the New York Rangers in the first period of Game 6. The Rangers turned things around to tie things up in the middle frame, but this is still an example of beautiful – borderline orchestral – puck movement by the Devils’ power play. It culminated in Ilya Kovalchuk‘s seventh goal of the 2012 playoffs (with five coming on the man advantage):This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Something tells us that Devils assistant coach/PP guru Adam Oates will put this tally on his “resume” if he applies for a head job.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 18
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 19
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 22
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 39
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 9