May 25, 2012, 9:46 PM EDT
It seemed like all of Twitter went aflutter when the New Jersey Devils made it 2-0 against the New York Rangers in the first period of Game 6. The Rangers turned things around to tie things up in the middle frame, but this is still an example of beautiful – borderline orchestral – puck movement by the Devils’ power play. It culminated in Ilya Kovalchuk‘s seventh goal of the 2012 playoffs (with five coming on the man advantage):This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Something tells us that Devils assistant coach/PP guru Adam Oates will put this tally on his “resume” if he applies for a head job.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32