May 25, 2012, 8:55 AM EST
Ryan Callahan’s playoff run hasn’t been picture perfect. In fact, at one point his offensive struggles were so noteworthy that he the media began to ask him if he had injured his hand.
Callahan has bounced back lately with two goals and three points in the Rangers’ last three games. He was particularly good in Game 5, leading the Rangers in their impressive, but ultimately ill-fated comeback attempt.
“I felt good last night,” Callahan said on Thursday. “I was strong on the forecheck, which I have to be. And as a line I thought we were holding onto pucks.
“We have to continue to do that tomorrow night and hopefully we can put it in the net too.”
The Rangers have no more margin for error. If they lose in Game 6 on Friday, then they’re out of the playoffs. They need Callahan to be at his best, and Rangers coach John Tortorella is optimistic that he will be.
“Well, he’s gotten better as the series has gone on,” Tortorella said on Thursday. “So hopefully he’ll play his best tomorrow night.”
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)