May 25, 2012, 8:55 AM EDT
Ryan Callahan’s playoff run hasn’t been picture perfect. In fact, at one point his offensive struggles were so noteworthy that he the media began to ask him if he had injured his hand.
Callahan has bounced back lately with two goals and three points in the Rangers’ last three games. He was particularly good in Game 5, leading the Rangers in their impressive, but ultimately ill-fated comeback attempt.
“I felt good last night,” Callahan said on Thursday. “I was strong on the forecheck, which I have to be. And as a line I thought we were holding onto pucks.
“We have to continue to do that tomorrow night and hopefully we can put it in the net too.”
The Rangers have no more margin for error. If they lose in Game 6 on Friday, then they’re out of the playoffs. They need Callahan to be at his best, and Rangers coach John Tortorella is optimistic that he will be.
“Well, he’s gotten better as the series has gone on,” Tortorella said on Thursday. “So hopefully he’ll play his best tomorrow night.”
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)