May 25, 2012, 11:44 PM EDT
Despite the lack of moral outrage, the New York Rangers had remarkably similar looks on their faces compared to the Phoenix Coyotes upon being elimination from their respective conference finals in OT. That’s the beauty and agony of sudden death: you barely have time to get your wits about you by the time the handshake line commences.
“It doesn’t feel right to be done right now,” McDonagh said. “It’s a tough pill to swallow.”
The trip back home from Newark won’t be a long one for the Rangers, but they’ll still have to absorb this loss for a few more months. It might take a little extra time for players like McDonagh to shake this one off.
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 0
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 13
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 20
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12