May 25, 2012, 11:44 PM EST
Despite the lack of moral outrage, the New York Rangers had remarkably similar looks on their faces compared to the Phoenix Coyotes upon being elimination from their respective conference finals in OT. That’s the beauty and agony of sudden death: you barely have time to get your wits about you by the time the handshake line commences.
“It doesn’t feel right to be done right now,” McDonagh said. “It’s a tough pill to swallow.”
The trip back home from Newark won’t be a long one for the Rangers, but they’ll still have to absorb this loss for a few more months. It might take a little extra time for players like McDonagh to shake this one off.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11