May 25, 2012, 11:44 PM EDT
Despite the lack of moral outrage, the New York Rangers had remarkably similar looks on their faces compared to the Phoenix Coyotes upon being elimination from their respective conference finals in OT. That’s the beauty and agony of sudden death: you barely have time to get your wits about you by the time the handshake line commences.
“It doesn’t feel right to be done right now,” McDonagh said. “It’s a tough pill to swallow.”
The trip back home from Newark won’t be a long one for the Rangers, but they’ll still have to absorb this loss for a few more months. It might take a little extra time for players like McDonagh to shake this one off.
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 8
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 31
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 43
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 50
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 33
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 28
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 53
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41