May 25, 2012, 10:54 PM EST
Here’s a scenario few probably pictured going into the season: the New Jersey Devils will host the Los Angeles Kings to kick off the 2012 Stanley Cup finals. Adam Henrique scored his second Game 7 overtime series-clinching goal to give the Devils a 3-2 OT victory against the New York Rangers, taking the Eastern Conference finals 4-2.
Let’s get to the talking points.
- So, is Zach Parise going to be a Devil for life or what? (Come on, you thought about it, too.)
- Brad Richards had a golden opportunity for a 3-2 goal with a bunch of open net to shoot at and instead fired it into Martin Brodeur‘s chest in the third period. Will that missed chance haunt Richards and the Rangers?
- The Devils coughed up a 3-0 and 2-0 lead in the last two games but ultimately won both. Is that a sign that New York was worn out or just that New Jersey was better when it mattered?
- What, if any, changes do the Rangers need to make during this off-season?
- Let’s move on for a second: what are the Devils’ chances against the Kings? It should be an aggressive and exciting series – and likely the biggest test for Brodeur in quite some time.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 13
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 19
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)