May 25, 2012, 10:54 PM EDT
Here’s a scenario few probably pictured going into the season: the New Jersey Devils will host the Los Angeles Kings to kick off the 2012 Stanley Cup finals. Adam Henrique scored his second Game 7 overtime series-clinching goal to give the Devils a 3-2 OT victory against the New York Rangers, taking the Eastern Conference finals 4-2.
Let’s get to the talking points.
- So, is Zach Parise going to be a Devil for life or what? (Come on, you thought about it, too.)
- Brad Richards had a golden opportunity for a 3-2 goal with a bunch of open net to shoot at and instead fired it into Martin Brodeur‘s chest in the third period. Will that missed chance haunt Richards and the Rangers?
- The Devils coughed up a 3-0 and 2-0 lead in the last two games but ultimately won both. Is that a sign that New York was worn out or just that New Jersey was better when it mattered?
- What, if any, changes do the Rangers need to make during this off-season?
- Let’s move on for a second: what are the Devils’ chances against the Kings? It should be an aggressive and exciting series – and likely the biggest test for Brodeur in quite some time.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7