May 25, 2012, 11:06 AM EDT
John Davidson may indeed seek employment elsewhere, but he hasn’t decided anything yet. And despite the rumors, he hasn’t spoken to the Calgary Flames about taking a job with them.
Davidson, the St. Louis Blues’ president of hockey operations, has a window to explore his options thanks to a clause in his contract that kicked in when Tom Stillman became the club’s new owner earlier in the month.
“As of right now, Tom, who I have a lot of respect for, is deciding in his own mind how he wants to have the organization set up,” Davidson told the Post-Dispatch. “He bought a hockey club and he runs the business. We don’t know what he’s going to do. He might keep everything exactly the same. He might not keep everything exactly the same. I have no idea what he’s trying to do. But that’s his right because this is a major undertaking. He’s trying to change the fortunes financially of this organization.
“It’s Tom’s team. He is a respectful person, there’s no question. We talk a lot. We’ll get it figured out. With the window, I have the right to do what I want to do. So we’ll figure it out. It’s a problem, but it’s a good problem.”
Davidson says he’s got four options: stay with the Blues, go to another organization, get back into broadcasting, or retire.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)