May 25, 2012, 11:06 AM EDT
John Davidson may indeed seek employment elsewhere, but he hasn’t decided anything yet. And despite the rumors, he hasn’t spoken to the Calgary Flames about taking a job with them.
Davidson, the St. Louis Blues’ president of hockey operations, has a window to explore his options thanks to a clause in his contract that kicked in when Tom Stillman became the club’s new owner earlier in the month.
“As of right now, Tom, who I have a lot of respect for, is deciding in his own mind how he wants to have the organization set up,” Davidson told the Post-Dispatch. “He bought a hockey club and he runs the business. We don’t know what he’s going to do. He might keep everything exactly the same. He might not keep everything exactly the same. I have no idea what he’s trying to do. But that’s his right because this is a major undertaking. He’s trying to change the fortunes financially of this organization.
“It’s Tom’s team. He is a respectful person, there’s no question. We talk a lot. We’ll get it figured out. With the window, I have the right to do what I want to do. So we’ll figure it out. It’s a problem, but it’s a good problem.”
Davidson says he’s got four options: stay with the Blues, go to another organization, get back into broadcasting, or retire.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 3
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 10
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 61
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)