May 25, 2012, 11:06 AM EDT
John Davidson may indeed seek employment elsewhere, but he hasn’t decided anything yet. And despite the rumors, he hasn’t spoken to the Calgary Flames about taking a job with them.
Davidson, the St. Louis Blues’ president of hockey operations, has a window to explore his options thanks to a clause in his contract that kicked in when Tom Stillman became the club’s new owner earlier in the month.
“As of right now, Tom, who I have a lot of respect for, is deciding in his own mind how he wants to have the organization set up,” Davidson told the Post-Dispatch. “He bought a hockey club and he runs the business. We don’t know what he’s going to do. He might keep everything exactly the same. He might not keep everything exactly the same. I have no idea what he’s trying to do. But that’s his right because this is a major undertaking. He’s trying to change the fortunes financially of this organization.
“It’s Tom’s team. He is a respectful person, there’s no question. We talk a lot. We’ll get it figured out. With the window, I have the right to do what I want to do. So we’ll figure it out. It’s a problem, but it’s a good problem.”
Davidson says he’s got four options: stay with the Blues, go to another organization, get back into broadcasting, or retire.
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 28
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 58
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 5
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 46
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 37
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 27
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 20
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 21
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte