May 25, 2012, 11:06 AM EDT
John Davidson may indeed seek employment elsewhere, but he hasn’t decided anything yet. And despite the rumors, he hasn’t spoken to the Calgary Flames about taking a job with them.
Davidson, the St. Louis Blues’ president of hockey operations, has a window to explore his options thanks to a clause in his contract that kicked in when Tom Stillman became the club’s new owner earlier in the month.
“As of right now, Tom, who I have a lot of respect for, is deciding in his own mind how he wants to have the organization set up,” Davidson told the Post-Dispatch. “He bought a hockey club and he runs the business. We don’t know what he’s going to do. He might keep everything exactly the same. He might not keep everything exactly the same. I have no idea what he’s trying to do. But that’s his right because this is a major undertaking. He’s trying to change the fortunes financially of this organization.
“It’s Tom’s team. He is a respectful person, there’s no question. We talk a lot. We’ll get it figured out. With the window, I have the right to do what I want to do. So we’ll figure it out. It’s a problem, but it’s a good problem.”
Davidson says he’s got four options: stay with the Blues, go to another organization, get back into broadcasting, or retire.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 5
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 30
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 23
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)