May 25, 2012, 5:29 PM EDT
Internet celebrity Conan O’Brien tweeted a rather untimely joke Friday.
“The @LAKings are playing the @PhoenixCoyotes? I wonder which city that shouldn’t have a hockey team will win,” wrote O’Brien, who boasts over 5 million followers on Twitter.
Of course, the Los Angeles Kings aren’t actually playing the Phoenix Coyotes – they already eliminated them Tuesday to advance to the Stanley Cup finals.
Not surprisingly, the Kings responded in convincing fashion via Twitter: “Clearly, that joke wasn’t meant for prime time.”
O’Brien is also rumored to host a late-night television program.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22