May 25, 2012, 7:30 PM EDT
Lou Korac reports that St. Louis Blues CEO Mike McCarthy announced that he stepped down from his position with the team now that the ownership transition is far along in the process. He accepted that spot in September 2010, taking him away from his home in Connecticut.
The most noteworthy thing about McCarthy is that he’s one of the final remaining partners from the Dave Checketts era. Some might take it as a sign that team president John Davidson might indeed leave as some rumored, but that remains to be seen. It also seemingly justifies the murmurs of other front offices, which might include the addition of Brett Hull.
Either way, it’s clear that there has been a changing of the guard in St. Louis and that’s likely to continue as the Blues’ off-season carries on.
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 12
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 16
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 77
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 17
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (77)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)