May 24, 2012, 6:12 PM EDT
We previously reported that the Michigan state House was busy working on legislation to allow people to purchase alcohol during the 2013 NHL Winter Classic at the University of Michigan. Well, you’ll be happy to know that their efforts seem to be paying off.
The House has approved a bill sponsored by Republican state Representative Mark Ouimet on Thursday. The next step is for it to be voted on in the state Senate. Thus concludes our brief civic lesson on how a bill to allow people to buy beer at a sporting event becomes law.
It’s worth noting that when the NHL approved the venue for the Winter Classic, it was on the condition that the sale of alcohol would be permitted.
The Winter Classic will be between the Detroit Red Wings and Toronto Maple Leafs.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5