May 24, 2012, 6:12 PM EST
We previously reported that the Michigan state House was busy working on legislation to allow people to purchase alcohol during the 2013 NHL Winter Classic at the University of Michigan. Well, you’ll be happy to know that their efforts seem to be paying off.
The House has approved a bill sponsored by Republican state Representative Mark Ouimet on Thursday. The next step is for it to be voted on in the state Senate. Thus concludes our brief civic lesson on how a bill to allow people to buy beer at a sporting event becomes law.
It’s worth noting that when the NHL approved the venue for the Winter Classic, it was on the condition that the sale of alcohol would be permitted.
The Winter Classic will be between the Detroit Red Wings and Toronto Maple Leafs.
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 0
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 28
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 27
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 37
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)