May 24, 2012, 11:54 AM EDT
It’s been a while since we had some good Rick Nash gossip on PHT, so here goes:
Joe Haggerty (CSNNE.com) heard from a Blue Jackets blog (The Canon) who heard on Columbus radio (97.1 The Fan) which interviewed Blue Jackets TV play-by-play man (Jeff Rimer) who reported that the Bruins were preparing a big offer for Nash (OMG).
The Bruins could use Nash, especially if they don’t trust Nathan Horton to stay healthy.
Boston could also fit him under the salary cap by sending some current roster players back the other way, or elsewhere.
It’s the prospects that could make or break a deal. Would the B’s be willing to part with defenseman Dougie Hamilton? He’d be a tough one to give up (read about him here), but Boston’s not going to get Nash without giving Columbus something significant.
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 19
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 39
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 75
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 8
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 46
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Heat force Game 7
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL