May 24, 2012, 11:54 AM EST
It’s been a while since we had some good Rick Nash gossip on PHT, so here goes:
Joe Haggerty (CSNNE.com) heard from a Blue Jackets blog (The Canon) who heard on Columbus radio (97.1 The Fan) which interviewed Blue Jackets TV play-by-play man (Jeff Rimer) who reported that the Bruins were preparing a big offer for Nash (OMG).
The Bruins could use Nash, especially if they don’t trust Nathan Horton to stay healthy.
Boston could also fit him under the salary cap by sending some current roster players back the other way, or elsewhere.
It’s the prospects that could make or break a deal. Would the B’s be willing to part with defenseman Dougie Hamilton? He’d be a tough one to give up (read about him here), but Boston’s not going to get Nash without giving Columbus something significant.
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 1
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 27
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 18
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 44
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15