May 24, 2012, 11:54 AM EDT
It’s been a while since we had some good Rick Nash gossip on PHT, so here goes:
Joe Haggerty (CSNNE.com) heard from a Blue Jackets blog (The Canon) who heard on Columbus radio (97.1 The Fan) which interviewed Blue Jackets TV play-by-play man (Jeff Rimer) who reported that the Bruins were preparing a big offer for Nash (OMG).
The Bruins could use Nash, especially if they don’t trust Nathan Horton to stay healthy.
Boston could also fit him under the salary cap by sending some current roster players back the other way, or elsewhere.
It’s the prospects that could make or break a deal. Would the B’s be willing to part with defenseman Dougie Hamilton? He’d be a tough one to give up (read about him here), but Boston’s not going to get Nash without giving Columbus something significant.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 20
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 45
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)