May 24, 2012, 5:44 PM EDT
According to the Arizona Republic, Phoenix Coyotes GM Don Maloney is reporting defenseman Michal Rozsival avoided structural knee damage after absorbing a hit from Kings captain Dustin Brown during Game 5 of the Western Conference finals.
The hit occurred midway through Tuesday’s overtime session, one that forced Rozsival from the game and was immediately followed by Dustin Penner‘s game-winning tally.
While Rosival is currently on crutches, he’s believed to have suffered only a deep knee/thigh contusion.
Maloney has gone on record saying he felt Brown’s hit unnecessary.
“I thought the contact could have been avoided,” he told XTRA Sports 910 Phoenix. “I thought it was a hit that didn’t need to be made.”
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 12
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 36
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6