May 24, 2012, 5:44 PM EDT
According to the Arizona Republic, Phoenix Coyotes GM Don Maloney is reporting defenseman Michal Rozsival avoided structural knee damage after absorbing a hit from Kings captain Dustin Brown during Game 5 of the Western Conference finals.
The hit occurred midway through Tuesday’s overtime session, one that forced Rozsival from the game and was immediately followed by Dustin Penner‘s game-winning tally.
While Rosival is currently on crutches, he’s believed to have suffered only a deep knee/thigh contusion.
Maloney has gone on record saying he felt Brown’s hit unnecessary.
“I thought the contact could have been avoided,” he told XTRA Sports 910 Phoenix. “I thought it was a hit that didn’t need to be made.”
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 72
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)