May 24, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
Turns out Kesler’s agent, Kurt Overhardt, has a real problem with the coach’s assertion that a shoulder injury wasn’t the reason Kesler’s “performance slipped” (Vigneault’s words) this season.
“I am not a doctor, I’m a lawyer, but after having conversations with the player and with the club, anyone who thinks this injury did not affect his play must have fallen off a turnip truck,” Overhardt told The Province today.
No word if the Canucks’ coach has indeed fallen off a turnip truck, but if he hasn’t, it seems we’ve got another soap opera in Vancouver.
I guess somebody had to step up in Cody Hodgson’s absence.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 24
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 40
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 34
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21