May 24, 2012, 10:26 AM EST
It’s down to the final four for the cover of EA NHL 13.
On Thursday, the NHL and Electronic Arts announced that Claude Giroux, Evgeni Malkin, John Tavares and Pekka Rinne all advanced to the semifinals, with hockey fans casting over 19 million votes to date.
Bracket A will see a pair of leading scorers lock horns in Philly’s Giroux and Pittsburgh’s Malkin. In Bracket B, Islanders sniper Tavares will take on Nashville’s Vezina-nominated netminder, Rinne.
In the quarterfinals, Giroux defeated Los Angeles’ Anze Kopitar while Malkin defeated Giroux’s teammate, Scott Hartnell. Tavares edged out Detroit center Pavel Datsyuk while Rinne won an all-goalie matchup against the Rangers’ Henrik Lundqvist.
The winner of the cover vote campaign will be unveiled as the EA SPORTS NHL 13 Cover Athlete at the 2012 NHL Awards on June 20 at the Wynn Las Vegas (7pm ET on NBC Sports Network.)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)