May 24, 2012, 10:26 AM EST
It’s down to the final four for the cover of EA NHL 13.
On Thursday, the NHL and Electronic Arts announced that Claude Giroux, Evgeni Malkin, John Tavares and Pekka Rinne all advanced to the semifinals, with hockey fans casting over 19 million votes to date.
Bracket A will see a pair of leading scorers lock horns in Philly’s Giroux and Pittsburgh’s Malkin. In Bracket B, Islanders sniper Tavares will take on Nashville’s Vezina-nominated netminder, Rinne.
In the quarterfinals, Giroux defeated Los Angeles’ Anze Kopitar while Malkin defeated Giroux’s teammate, Scott Hartnell. Tavares edged out Detroit center Pavel Datsyuk while Rinne won an all-goalie matchup against the Rangers’ Henrik Lundqvist.
The winner of the cover vote campaign will be unveiled as the EA SPORTS NHL 13 Cover Athlete at the 2012 NHL Awards on June 20 at the Wynn Las Vegas (7pm ET on NBC Sports Network.)
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 9
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 25
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 63
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)