May 24, 2012, 10:26 AM EDT
It’s down to the final four for the cover of EA NHL 13.
On Thursday, the NHL and Electronic Arts announced that Claude Giroux, Evgeni Malkin, John Tavares and Pekka Rinne all advanced to the semifinals, with hockey fans casting over 19 million votes to date.
Bracket A will see a pair of leading scorers lock horns in Philly’s Giroux and Pittsburgh’s Malkin. In Bracket B, Islanders sniper Tavares will take on Nashville’s Vezina-nominated netminder, Rinne.
In the quarterfinals, Giroux defeated Los Angeles’ Anze Kopitar while Malkin defeated Giroux’s teammate, Scott Hartnell. Tavares edged out Detroit center Pavel Datsyuk while Rinne won an all-goalie matchup against the Rangers’ Henrik Lundqvist.
The winner of the cover vote campaign will be unveiled as the EA SPORTS NHL 13 Cover Athlete at the 2012 NHL Awards on June 20 at the Wynn Las Vegas (7pm ET on NBC Sports Network.)
- Report: Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 0
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 7
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 23
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 53
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 2
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)