May 24, 2012, 10:26 AM EDT
It’s down to the final four for the cover of EA NHL 13.
On Thursday, the NHL and Electronic Arts announced that Claude Giroux, Evgeni Malkin, John Tavares and Pekka Rinne all advanced to the semifinals, with hockey fans casting over 19 million votes to date.
Bracket A will see a pair of leading scorers lock horns in Philly’s Giroux and Pittsburgh’s Malkin. In Bracket B, Islanders sniper Tavares will take on Nashville’s Vezina-nominated netminder, Rinne.
In the quarterfinals, Giroux defeated Los Angeles’ Anze Kopitar while Malkin defeated Giroux’s teammate, Scott Hartnell. Tavares edged out Detroit center Pavel Datsyuk while Rinne won an all-goalie matchup against the Rangers’ Henrik Lundqvist.
The winner of the cover vote campaign will be unveiled as the EA SPORTS NHL 13 Cover Athlete at the 2012 NHL Awards on June 20 at the Wynn Las Vegas (7pm ET on NBC Sports Network.)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)