May 23, 2012, 5:53 PM EST
By my count, that’s 27 seconds of concurrent cursing and stick slamming after being tagged with an interference penalty. There’s also at least two cut-off/interception moves by linesman Jay Sharrers (and one halfhearted effort by fellow Kings defenseman Rob Scuderi).
To be fair, Doughty sounded pretty remorseful after the game.
“Obviously, the ref’s going to make the call how he sees it,” he told the Globe and Mail. “Obviously, he sees it differently than I did. But you just get so upset because you don’t want to be that guy that took the penalty in overtime to force a Game 6. I definitely didn’t want to be that guy and I didn’t like that call.
“Sometimes, you just lose it and you can’t control it. I really wish I hadn’t done that. I want to apologize to the refs but … I was upset.”
For what it’s worth, this was Pollock’s first real bout of adversity in a relatively controversy-free postseason. His most notable incident prior to this was not whistling New York’s Brandon Prust on an elbow to New Jersey’s Anton Volchenkov, a play that netted Prust a one-game suspension.
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 1
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 40
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (40)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)