May 23, 2012, 5:53 PM EST
By my count, that’s 27 seconds of concurrent cursing and stick slamming after being tagged with an interference penalty. There’s also at least two cut-off/interception moves by linesman Jay Sharrers (and one halfhearted effort by fellow Kings defenseman Rob Scuderi).
To be fair, Doughty sounded pretty remorseful after the game.
“Obviously, the ref’s going to make the call how he sees it,” he told the Globe and Mail. “Obviously, he sees it differently than I did. But you just get so upset because you don’t want to be that guy that took the penalty in overtime to force a Game 6. I definitely didn’t want to be that guy and I didn’t like that call.
“Sometimes, you just lose it and you can’t control it. I really wish I hadn’t done that. I want to apologize to the refs but … I was upset.”
For what it’s worth, this was Pollock’s first real bout of adversity in a relatively controversy-free postseason. His most notable incident prior to this was not whistling New York’s Brandon Prust on an elbow to New Jersey’s Anton Volchenkov, a play that netted Prust a one-game suspension.
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 4
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 4
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 4
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)