May 23, 2012, 5:53 PM EST
By my count, that’s 27 seconds of concurrent cursing and stick slamming after being tagged with an interference penalty. There’s also at least two cut-off/interception moves by linesman Jay Sharrers (and one halfhearted effort by fellow Kings defenseman Rob Scuderi).
To be fair, Doughty sounded pretty remorseful after the game.
“Obviously, the ref’s going to make the call how he sees it,” he told the Globe and Mail. “Obviously, he sees it differently than I did. But you just get so upset because you don’t want to be that guy that took the penalty in overtime to force a Game 6. I definitely didn’t want to be that guy and I didn’t like that call.
“Sometimes, you just lose it and you can’t control it. I really wish I hadn’t done that. I want to apologize to the refs but … I was upset.”
For what it’s worth, this was Pollock’s first real bout of adversity in a relatively controversy-free postseason. His most notable incident prior to this was not whistling New York’s Brandon Prust on an elbow to New Jersey’s Anton Volchenkov, a play that netted Prust a one-game suspension.
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 48
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 27
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 76
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 20
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 29
- Video: Fight erupts between Penguins and Capitals inside Pittsburgh’s bench 40
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (76)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)