May 23, 2012, 5:53 PM EDT
By my count, that’s 27 seconds of concurrent cursing and stick slamming after being tagged with an interference penalty. There’s also at least two cut-off/interception moves by linesman Jay Sharrers (and one halfhearted effort by fellow Kings defenseman Rob Scuderi).
To be fair, Doughty sounded pretty remorseful after the game.
“Obviously, the ref’s going to make the call how he sees it,” he told the Globe and Mail. “Obviously, he sees it differently than I did. But you just get so upset because you don’t want to be that guy that took the penalty in overtime to force a Game 6. I definitely didn’t want to be that guy and I didn’t like that call.
“Sometimes, you just lose it and you can’t control it. I really wish I hadn’t done that. I want to apologize to the refs but … I was upset.”
For what it’s worth, this was Pollock’s first real bout of adversity in a relatively controversy-free postseason. His most notable incident prior to this was not whistling New York’s Brandon Prust on an elbow to New Jersey’s Anton Volchenkov, a play that netted Prust a one-game suspension.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 14
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 22
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (49)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)