May 23, 2012, 9:24 PM EST
In the entertaining documentary “Winning Time: Reggie Miller vs. the New York Knicks,” Marv Albert and many others spoke about how Miller’s stunning late comeback silenced Madison Square Garden like seemingly never before. The New Jersey Devils didn’t throttle the New York Rangers late in Game 5; instead, they raced off to a 2-0 lead before the Rangers even fired two shots. The two goals were 90 seconds apart remarkably early in the contest, tranquilizing a crowd full of Blueshirt diehards:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The Devils bumped that margin to 3-0, yet a huge Brandon Prust (yes, Brandon Prust) goal in the first period and a controversial Ryan Callahan tally about 30 seconds into the second injected some life into the Rangers and some hope into the crowd.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Still, Henrik Lundqvist & Co. dug themselves a rather bewildering early hole that could still be the difference in this game.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 7
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)