May 23, 2012, 9:24 PM EDT
In the entertaining documentary “Winning Time: Reggie Miller vs. the New York Knicks,” Marv Albert and many others spoke about how Miller’s stunning late comeback silenced Madison Square Garden like seemingly never before. The New Jersey Devils didn’t throttle the New York Rangers late in Game 5; instead, they raced off to a 2-0 lead before the Rangers even fired two shots. The two goals were 90 seconds apart remarkably early in the contest, tranquilizing a crowd full of Blueshirt diehards:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The Devils bumped that margin to 3-0, yet a huge Brandon Prust (yes, Brandon Prust) goal in the first period and a controversial Ryan Callahan tally about 30 seconds into the second injected some life into the Rangers and some hope into the crowd.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Still, Henrik Lundqvist & Co. dug themselves a rather bewildering early hole that could still be the difference in this game.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 19
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)