May 23, 2012, 9:24 PM EST
In the entertaining documentary “Winning Time: Reggie Miller vs. the New York Knicks,” Marv Albert and many others spoke about how Miller’s stunning late comeback silenced Madison Square Garden like seemingly never before. The New Jersey Devils didn’t throttle the New York Rangers late in Game 5; instead, they raced off to a 2-0 lead before the Rangers even fired two shots. The two goals were 90 seconds apart remarkably early in the contest, tranquilizing a crowd full of Blueshirt diehards:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The Devils bumped that margin to 3-0, yet a huge Brandon Prust (yes, Brandon Prust) goal in the first period and a controversial Ryan Callahan tally about 30 seconds into the second injected some life into the Rangers and some hope into the crowd.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Still, Henrik Lundqvist & Co. dug themselves a rather bewildering early hole that could still be the difference in this game.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 2
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 7
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 10
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 17
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)