May 23, 2012, 1:59 AM EDT
The last time Dustin Penner was in a contract year, the Anaheim Ducks won a Stanley Cup. The Los Angeles Kings need four more wins to continue that pattern, but the hefty winger earned his way into the heart of fans regardless. He’s had a surprisingly solid playoff overall, yet his series-clinching overtime-winner will live on for a long time.
Watch the 4-3 OT tally that sent the Kings to the 2012 Stanley Cup finals and maybe earned Penner a few hundred extra pancakes in the process.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50