May 23, 2012, 2:29 AM EDT
The 2012 Western Conference finals ended with the Los Angeles Kings winning in stunning fashion by a score of 4-3 over the Phoenix Coyotes in Game 5. Despite the shock in Phoenix, the NHL observed time-honored traditions.
For those of you who want to find out how superstitious a team/player is, Kings captain Dustin Brown opted not to touch the Clarence Campbell Bowl. It’s an ongoing debate even after teams that did and didn’t touch it won and lost in the Stanley Cup finals.
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 28
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 6
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3