May 23, 2012, 2:29 AM EDT
The 2012 Western Conference finals ended with the Los Angeles Kings winning in stunning fashion by a score of 4-3 over the Phoenix Coyotes in Game 5. Despite the shock in Phoenix, the NHL observed time-honored traditions.
For those of you who want to find out how superstitious a team/player is, Kings captain Dustin Brown opted not to touch the Clarence Campbell Bowl. It’s an ongoing debate even after teams that did and didn’t touch it won and lost in the Stanley Cup finals.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabres in franchise history 0
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 4
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17