May 23, 2012, 2:29 AM EDT
The 2012 Western Conference finals ended with the Los Angeles Kings winning in stunning fashion by a score of 4-3 over the Phoenix Coyotes in Game 5. Despite the shock in Phoenix, the NHL observed time-honored traditions.
For those of you who want to find out how superstitious a team/player is, Kings captain Dustin Brown opted not to touch the Clarence Campbell Bowl. It’s an ongoing debate even after teams that did and didn’t touch it won and lost in the Stanley Cup finals.
- Report: No suspension for Lucic spear of DeKeyser 16
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 5
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 112
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 54
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 17