May 23, 2012, 2:29 AM EDT
The 2012 Western Conference finals ended with the Los Angeles Kings winning in stunning fashion by a score of 4-3 over the Phoenix Coyotes in Game 5. Despite the shock in Phoenix, the NHL observed time-honored traditions.
For those of you who want to find out how superstitious a team/player is, Kings captain Dustin Brown opted not to touch the Clarence Campbell Bowl. It’s an ongoing debate even after teams that did and didn’t touch it won and lost in the Stanley Cup finals.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 8
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 14
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39