May 23, 2012, 2:29 AM EDT
The 2012 Western Conference finals ended with the Los Angeles Kings winning in stunning fashion by a score of 4-3 over the Phoenix Coyotes in Game 5. Despite the shock in Phoenix, the NHL observed time-honored traditions.
For those of you who want to find out how superstitious a team/player is, Kings captain Dustin Brown opted not to touch the Clarence Campbell Bowl. It’s an ongoing debate even after teams that did and didn’t touch it won and lost in the Stanley Cup finals.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5