May 23, 2012, 11:55 AM EDT
Here are some of the choicer quotes from the Phoenix dressing room following last night’s 4-3 overtime loss to Los Angeles, a loss that eliminated the Coyotes from the postseason.
That elimination, combined with the cruel nature in which it occurred, led to some pretty heated words from the ‘Yotes in their postgame media scrums — and some pretty interesting conspiracies as well.
“It’s unfortunate, for us especially. They know we don’t have an owner. We don’t have anyone to back us up. For them, I don’t know if it’s an easy way to not make calls, not show up.
“I know they wear the same color jerseys, the refs as the Kings, but they didn’t have to play for them tonight.”
“The calls that were made and not made down the stretch, that just saps the life out of you. They said we’re complaining a lot about calls, but we’re complaining because they’re calls that have to be made in these games.”
“Uncle. Are you fricking kidding me? Uncle. I can’t understand how you miss that [the Brown hit]. They played unbelievable and they beat us. And thank goodness their power-play didn’t score on all those power-plays they were handed, because it could have been really ugly.
“How do you miss that when it’s after the whistle and it’s a knee? How do you possibly miss that? As a player, I get in trouble when I make a mistake. I get in big trouble. I get called out by [the media], I get called out by everybody. I get called out by my coaches, I feel accountable to my teammates.
“I don’t know how you miss it. I don’t understand it. I’m sure they will have a great explanation for it.”
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63