May 23, 2012, 1:32 AM EDT
If you gauge the angriest Phoenix Coyotes by the shots of the explosively awkward handshake line following the Los Angeles Kings’ 4-3 OT win, you’d think Shane Doan was the angriest. Maybe that’s true, but star goalie Mike Smith arguably expressed his anger regarding Dustin Brown‘s hit on Michal Rozsival in the most bombastic way, as Mark McClune reports.
“If Raffi Torres gets 25 games for his hit during the play then this guy (Brown) ought to be done forever,” Smith said.
Is that hyperbole or just the truth?
Either way, it’s a testament to why reporters should always have access to players and coaches shortly after games. For all the times when people sing cliche lullabies, there are those moments when someone like Smith unleashes his honest rage.
It’s probably safe to say that Brown won’t essentially get banned from the Stanley Cup finals, but check out this post to share your thoughts on what – if any – kind of punishment he deserves for that controversial hit.
(For what it’s worth, Dave Tippett kept his cool on the subject, simply saying “write what you saw.”)
- Report: Islanders, Leafs, Flyers, Wild, Panthers interested in Bernier 0
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 3
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 6
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 29
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 24
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 27
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 61
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103