May 23, 2012, 1:32 AM EDT
If you gauge the angriest Phoenix Coyotes by the shots of the explosively awkward handshake line following the Los Angeles Kings’ 4-3 OT win, you’d think Shane Doan was the angriest. Maybe that’s true, but star goalie Mike Smith arguably expressed his anger regarding Dustin Brown‘s hit on Michal Rozsival in the most bombastic way, as Mark McClune reports.
“If Raffi Torres gets 25 games for his hit during the play then this guy (Brown) ought to be done forever,” Smith said.
Is that hyperbole or just the truth?
Either way, it’s a testament to why reporters should always have access to players and coaches shortly after games. For all the times when people sing cliche lullabies, there are those moments when someone like Smith unleashes his honest rage.
It’s probably safe to say that Brown won’t essentially get banned from the Stanley Cup finals, but check out this post to share your thoughts on what – if any – kind of punishment he deserves for that controversial hit.
(For what it’s worth, Dave Tippett kept his cool on the subject, simply saying “write what you saw.”)
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 12
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 78
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)