May 23, 2012, 1:32 AM EDT
If you gauge the angriest Phoenix Coyotes by the shots of the explosively awkward handshake line following the Los Angeles Kings’ 4-3 OT win, you’d think Shane Doan was the angriest. Maybe that’s true, but star goalie Mike Smith arguably expressed his anger regarding Dustin Brown‘s hit on Michal Rozsival in the most bombastic way, as Mark McClune reports.
“If Raffi Torres gets 25 games for his hit during the play then this guy (Brown) ought to be done forever,” Smith said.
Is that hyperbole or just the truth?
Either way, it’s a testament to why reporters should always have access to players and coaches shortly after games. For all the times when people sing cliche lullabies, there are those moments when someone like Smith unleashes his honest rage.
It’s probably safe to say that Brown won’t essentially get banned from the Stanley Cup finals, but check out this post to share your thoughts on what – if any – kind of punishment he deserves for that controversial hit.
(For what it’s worth, Dave Tippett kept his cool on the subject, simply saying “write what you saw.”)
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 28
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 91
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 47
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 76
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 63