May 23, 2012, 1:32 AM EST
If you gauge the angriest Phoenix Coyotes by the shots of the explosively awkward handshake line following the Los Angeles Kings’ 4-3 OT win, you’d think Shane Doan was the angriest. Maybe that’s true, but star goalie Mike Smith arguably expressed his anger regarding Dustin Brown‘s hit on Michal Rozsival in the most bombastic way, as Mark McClune reports.
“If Raffi Torres gets 25 games for his hit during the play then this guy (Brown) ought to be done forever,” Smith said.
Is that hyperbole or just the truth?
Either way, it’s a testament to why reporters should always have access to players and coaches shortly after games. For all the times when people sing cliche lullabies, there are those moments when someone like Smith unleashes his honest rage.
It’s probably safe to say that Brown won’t essentially get banned from the Stanley Cup finals, but check out this post to share your thoughts on what – if any – kind of punishment he deserves for that controversial hit.
(For what it’s worth, Dave Tippett kept his cool on the subject, simply saying “write what you saw.”)
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 16
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 28
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 6
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 20
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 53
- Video: ‘The message is not being heard’ when it comes to illegal hits, suspensions 52
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime (Updated) 58
- Discuss: Penguins outlast Rangers in the shootout on NBCSN Rivalry Night 43
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 12
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 16
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)