May 23, 2012, 11:36 AM EST
According to ESPN’s John Buccigross and USA Today’s Mike Brehm, there will be no hearing for LA Kings captain Dustin Brown after his controversial hit on Coyotes defenseman Michal Roszival last night.
Here’s the hit in question:
There was no penalty on the play, a decision which drew the ire of numerous Coyotes players.
“Rozsival was cutting to the middle and I cut across and made contact,” Brown told reporters after the game. “Obviously, they thought it was kneeing. It happened at high speed. I felt like I got him with my shoulder and my left side and his right side all made contact from toe to shoulder.”
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 9
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 48
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 20
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 36
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32