May 23, 2012, 11:36 AM EDT
According to ESPN’s John Buccigross and USA Today’s Mike Brehm, there will be no hearing for LA Kings captain Dustin Brown after his controversial hit on Coyotes defenseman Michal Roszival last night.
Here’s the hit in question:
There was no penalty on the play, a decision which drew the ire of numerous Coyotes players.
“Rozsival was cutting to the middle and I cut across and made contact,” Brown told reporters after the game. “Obviously, they thought it was kneeing. It happened at high speed. I felt like I got him with my shoulder and my left side and his right side all made contact from toe to shoulder.”
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 4
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 6
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39