May 23, 2012, 11:36 AM EDT
According to ESPN’s John Buccigross and USA Today’s Mike Brehm, there will be no hearing for LA Kings captain Dustin Brown after his controversial hit on Coyotes defenseman Michal Roszival last night.
Here’s the hit in question:
There was no penalty on the play, a decision which drew the ire of numerous Coyotes players.
“Rozsival was cutting to the middle and I cut across and made contact,” Brown told reporters after the game. “Obviously, they thought it was kneeing. It happened at high speed. I felt like I got him with my shoulder and my left side and his right side all made contact from toe to shoulder.”
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 0
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 9
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21