May 23, 2012, 8:48 AM EDT
Plenty’s been said about the Rangers need for more offense in the playoffs and they just might have some on the way back to the lineup as soon as tonight.
Both Brandon Dubinsky and Mats Zuccarello have been practicing with the team lately and Steve Zipay of New York Newsday reports both of them could be back tonight. While lineup decisions are a closely guarded secret for John Tortorella, Dubinsky tells Zipay he’s feeling good.
“I’m feeling better and we’ll see how it feels tomorrow again,” Dubinsky said. “Every day with an injury, it gets better with treatment as you go, so we’re certainly on the right path. It’s just a matter of time. I want to play each and every game, especially here in the playoffs, but again, I have to make sure I’m at a point where I’m going to help the team, not hurt the team.”
The Rangers have some forwards who are going through a rough spell in the conference finals. All right so most of them are having a tough time, but guys like Carl Hagelin in particular are really struggling (no points against New Jersey, three assists in playoffs). The Rangers could stand to have some new blood to spice up their attack, but now it’s just up to Dubinsky and Zuccarello to be healthy enough to go. Will tonight be the night?
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)