May 23, 2012, 8:48 AM EDT
Plenty’s been said about the Rangers need for more offense in the playoffs and they just might have some on the way back to the lineup as soon as tonight.
Both Brandon Dubinsky and Mats Zuccarello have been practicing with the team lately and Steve Zipay of New York Newsday reports both of them could be back tonight. While lineup decisions are a closely guarded secret for John Tortorella, Dubinsky tells Zipay he’s feeling good.
“I’m feeling better and we’ll see how it feels tomorrow again,” Dubinsky said. “Every day with an injury, it gets better with treatment as you go, so we’re certainly on the right path. It’s just a matter of time. I want to play each and every game, especially here in the playoffs, but again, I have to make sure I’m at a point where I’m going to help the team, not hurt the team.”
The Rangers have some forwards who are going through a rough spell in the conference finals. All right so most of them are having a tough time, but guys like Carl Hagelin in particular are really struggling (no points against New Jersey, three assists in playoffs). The Rangers could stand to have some new blood to spice up their attack, but now it’s just up to Dubinsky and Zuccarello to be healthy enough to go. Will tonight be the night?
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25