May 23, 2012, 8:48 AM EST
Plenty’s been said about the Rangers need for more offense in the playoffs and they just might have some on the way back to the lineup as soon as tonight.
Both Brandon Dubinsky and Mats Zuccarello have been practicing with the team lately and Steve Zipay of New York Newsday reports both of them could be back tonight. While lineup decisions are a closely guarded secret for John Tortorella, Dubinsky tells Zipay he’s feeling good.
“I’m feeling better and we’ll see how it feels tomorrow again,” Dubinsky said. “Every day with an injury, it gets better with treatment as you go, so we’re certainly on the right path. It’s just a matter of time. I want to play each and every game, especially here in the playoffs, but again, I have to make sure I’m at a point where I’m going to help the team, not hurt the team.”
The Rangers have some forwards who are going through a rough spell in the conference finals. All right so most of them are having a tough time, but guys like Carl Hagelin in particular are really struggling (no points against New Jersey, three assists in playoffs). The Rangers could stand to have some new blood to spice up their attack, but now it’s just up to Dubinsky and Zuccarello to be healthy enough to go. Will tonight be the night?
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 9
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 48
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 20
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 36
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32