May 23, 2012, 8:48 AM EDT
Plenty’s been said about the Rangers need for more offense in the playoffs and they just might have some on the way back to the lineup as soon as tonight.
Both Brandon Dubinsky and Mats Zuccarello have been practicing with the team lately and Steve Zipay of New York Newsday reports both of them could be back tonight. While lineup decisions are a closely guarded secret for John Tortorella, Dubinsky tells Zipay he’s feeling good.
“I’m feeling better and we’ll see how it feels tomorrow again,” Dubinsky said. “Every day with an injury, it gets better with treatment as you go, so we’re certainly on the right path. It’s just a matter of time. I want to play each and every game, especially here in the playoffs, but again, I have to make sure I’m at a point where I’m going to help the team, not hurt the team.”
The Rangers have some forwards who are going through a rough spell in the conference finals. All right so most of them are having a tough time, but guys like Carl Hagelin in particular are really struggling (no points against New Jersey, three assists in playoffs). The Rangers could stand to have some new blood to spice up their attack, but now it’s just up to Dubinsky and Zuccarello to be healthy enough to go. Will tonight be the night?
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 9
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 20
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 91
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 35
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (94)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)