May 23, 2012, 11:37 AM EST
The Bruins weren’t the same team this season once Nathan Horton was put out of commission by a concussion. Horton’s concussion issues left Boston hurting on the wings and without one of their better goal scorers. Now he’s aiming to come back in time for next season and things are shaping up well.
Joe Haggerty from CSNNE.com hears from Horton’s agent about how Horton’s progress is going and there’s reason for the Bruins to be cautiously optimistic.
Horton’s agent, Paul Krepelka, told CSNNE.com that the goal-scoring forward is still on track for a healthy start to next season with three more full months of rest and recovery still in front of him.
“Nathan is coming along,” wrote Krepelka in a text message while keeping tabs with his client this offseason. “We would hope he is good to go at the start of training camp.”
Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli said adding a top six winger to the team is something he wants to do in the summer but getting Horton back would provide a big lift as David Krejci and Milan Lucic seemed lost without their right wing. If it’s Horton and another top six forward joining the lineup next season, the Bruins will be looking awfully good out of the chute.
- Flames place Giordano on IR 0
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 25
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 59
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 41
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (97)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)