May 23, 2012, 11:37 AM EDT
The Bruins weren’t the same team this season once Nathan Horton was put out of commission by a concussion. Horton’s concussion issues left Boston hurting on the wings and without one of their better goal scorers. Now he’s aiming to come back in time for next season and things are shaping up well.
Joe Haggerty from CSNNE.com hears from Horton’s agent about how Horton’s progress is going and there’s reason for the Bruins to be cautiously optimistic.
Horton’s agent, Paul Krepelka, told CSNNE.com that the goal-scoring forward is still on track for a healthy start to next season with three more full months of rest and recovery still in front of him.
“Nathan is coming along,” wrote Krepelka in a text message while keeping tabs with his client this offseason. “We would hope he is good to go at the start of training camp.”
Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli said adding a top six winger to the team is something he wants to do in the summer but getting Horton back would provide a big lift as David Krejci and Milan Lucic seemed lost without their right wing. If it’s Horton and another top six forward joining the lineup next season, the Bruins will be looking awfully good out of the chute.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 5
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 48
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)