May 23, 2012, 11:37 AM EDT
The Bruins weren’t the same team this season once Nathan Horton was put out of commission by a concussion. Horton’s concussion issues left Boston hurting on the wings and without one of their better goal scorers. Now he’s aiming to come back in time for next season and things are shaping up well.
Joe Haggerty from CSNNE.com hears from Horton’s agent about how Horton’s progress is going and there’s reason for the Bruins to be cautiously optimistic.
Horton’s agent, Paul Krepelka, told CSNNE.com that the goal-scoring forward is still on track for a healthy start to next season with three more full months of rest and recovery still in front of him.
“Nathan is coming along,” wrote Krepelka in a text message while keeping tabs with his client this offseason. “We would hope he is good to go at the start of training camp.”
Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli said adding a top six winger to the team is something he wants to do in the summer but getting Horton back would provide a big lift as David Krejci and Milan Lucic seemed lost without their right wing. If it’s Horton and another top six forward joining the lineup next season, the Bruins will be looking awfully good out of the chute.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (38)