May 23, 2012, 12:58 PM EST
Yesterday when we heard about John Tortorella talking about praying for offensive success it kind of made sense given how much of a hard time his Rangers have had putting the puck in the net. When in doubt seek a higher source, right?
Turns out Tortorella is just a regular Louis C.K. on the side. During this morning’s meeting with the press, Tortorella was asked about his confidence in his offensive players to score goals and decided to make sure we were all in on the jokes.
“I have total confidence in our players. Again, this isn’t a new experience for us as we go into tonight’s game. So I have total confidence,” Tortorella said.
“I know I used that word ‘pray’ yesterday. It was a joke. There are a lot more important things to pray about than a win or a goal. So can I clear that up, please?”
The comment got a laugh out of reporters, but things have been so bad offensively for the Rangers that some might’ve taken him at his word about asking for divine intervention. With Martin Brodeur in goal and the Devils pressuring with an intense forecheck it might take an act of god to bring a plague of goals.
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 5
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 67
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)