May 23, 2012, 12:18 PM EDT
With Game 5 dropping the puck tonight, the Rangers appear set to make one lineup change to try and swing things in their favor.
According to NHL.com’s Dave Lozo Brandon Dubinsky appears to be in for New York as he left this morning’s skate with the rest of the starters while centerman John Mitchell stayed behind to skate further with the usual scratches. Lozo also ruminates on the possibility that Stu Bickel returns to his spot on the blue line while Steve Eminger sits thanks to Brandon Prust‘s return to action after his suspension.
Those moves would allow the Rangers penalty kill to return to normal with Prust back while also giving their offense a potential boost with Dubinsky in for Mitchell. Mitchell has been playing on the Rangers’ second power play unit and centering the fourth line.
Meanwhile, New Jersey’s lineup appears ready to stay the same for Game 5 according to Fire & Ice’s Tom Gulitti with Adam Larsson and Petr Sykora again taking a seat. Peter Harrold and Jacob Josefson have taken their spots in New Jersey’s lineup and saw Josefson earn an assist, his first playoff point, in Game 4. Harrold replaced Larsson after Game 1 of the series and has played strong in his place.
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 7
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 15
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 65
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)