May 23, 2012, 8:01 PM EDT
The New York Rangers’ pre-game skate confirmed one thing we expected and one thing that – struggles or not – wasn’t anticipated.
To little surprise, Brandon Dubinsky‘s presence in the pre-game justifies speculation that he’d make his first appearance in the Rangers’ lineup since Game 7 against the Ottawa Senators. It’ll be interesting to see if he riles up the New Jersey Devils as they’ve shown impressive patience so far in this series.
The second development might not last, but it’s unexpected. After considerable struggles, it appears that Marian Gaborik could see at least a temporary demotion. Dave Lozo points out that he was skating on the third line in warm-ups.
Line changes happen frequently, but this could be an interesting situation to watch. Both players have a chance to make an impact in one way or another.
- Burrows suspended three games for ‘late hit to the head’ on Emelin 3
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 5
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 8
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 13
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 37
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 37
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 24
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)