May 23, 2012, 8:01 PM EDT
The New York Rangers’ pre-game skate confirmed one thing we expected and one thing that – struggles or not – wasn’t anticipated.
To little surprise, Brandon Dubinsky‘s presence in the pre-game justifies speculation that he’d make his first appearance in the Rangers’ lineup since Game 7 against the Ottawa Senators. It’ll be interesting to see if he riles up the New Jersey Devils as they’ve shown impressive patience so far in this series.
The second development might not last, but it’s unexpected. After considerable struggles, it appears that Marian Gaborik could see at least a temporary demotion. Dave Lozo points out that he was skating on the third line in warm-ups.
Line changes happen frequently, but this could be an interesting situation to watch. Both players have a chance to make an impact in one way or another.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 41
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)