May 23, 2012, 8:01 PM EDT
The New York Rangers’ pre-game skate confirmed one thing we expected and one thing that – struggles or not – wasn’t anticipated.
To little surprise, Brandon Dubinsky‘s presence in the pre-game justifies speculation that he’d make his first appearance in the Rangers’ lineup since Game 7 against the Ottawa Senators. It’ll be interesting to see if he riles up the New Jersey Devils as they’ve shown impressive patience so far in this series.
The second development might not last, but it’s unexpected. After considerable struggles, it appears that Marian Gaborik could see at least a temporary demotion. Dave Lozo points out that he was skating on the third line in warm-ups.
Line changes happen frequently, but this could be an interesting situation to watch. Both players have a chance to make an impact in one way or another.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 56
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)