May 23, 2012, 8:01 PM EST
The New York Rangers’ pre-game skate confirmed one thing we expected and one thing that – struggles or not – wasn’t anticipated.
To little surprise, Brandon Dubinsky‘s presence in the pre-game justifies speculation that he’d make his first appearance in the Rangers’ lineup since Game 7 against the Ottawa Senators. It’ll be interesting to see if he riles up the New Jersey Devils as they’ve shown impressive patience so far in this series.
The second development might not last, but it’s unexpected. After considerable struggles, it appears that Marian Gaborik could see at least a temporary demotion. Dave Lozo points out that he was skating on the third line in warm-ups.
Line changes happen frequently, but this could be an interesting situation to watch. Both players have a chance to make an impact in one way or another.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 24
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 55
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 40
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (89)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)