May 23, 2012, 8:01 PM EST
The New York Rangers’ pre-game skate confirmed one thing we expected and one thing that – struggles or not – wasn’t anticipated.
To little surprise, Brandon Dubinsky‘s presence in the pre-game justifies speculation that he’d make his first appearance in the Rangers’ lineup since Game 7 against the Ottawa Senators. It’ll be interesting to see if he riles up the New Jersey Devils as they’ve shown impressive patience so far in this series.
The second development might not last, but it’s unexpected. After considerable struggles, it appears that Marian Gaborik could see at least a temporary demotion. Dave Lozo points out that he was skating on the third line in warm-ups.
Line changes happen frequently, but this could be an interesting situation to watch. Both players have a chance to make an impact in one way or another.
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 54
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 11
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 86
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (86)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (78)