May 23, 2012, 1:18 AM EDT
Some call it a knee-to-knee hit; overtime hero Dustin Penner said it was more like a “thigh-to-thigh.” Either way, Los Angeles Kings captain Dustin Brown‘s hit on Phoenix Coyotes defenseman Michal Rozsival will probably live in Phoenix sports infamy alongside Robert Horry plowing over Steve Nash and the Arizona Cardinals’ existence.
But does Brown deserve a suspension for a hit that made for one of the most awkward handshake lines in recent memory?
Former Coyotes tough guy and current TV analyst Tyson Nash Tweeted “Brown will be suspended for that without question!” but what do you think? Share your thoughts in the comments and stay tuned for video regarding the most controversial hit of the 2012 playoffs since Raffi Torres took out Marian Hossa.
- Wild hand Bryzgalov a training camp tryout 0
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 12
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 5
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 16
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 47
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (47)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)