May 23, 2012, 1:18 AM EDT
Some call it a knee-to-knee hit; overtime hero Dustin Penner said it was more like a “thigh-to-thigh.” Either way, Los Angeles Kings captain Dustin Brown‘s hit on Phoenix Coyotes defenseman Michal Rozsival will probably live in Phoenix sports infamy alongside Robert Horry plowing over Steve Nash and the Arizona Cardinals’ existence.
But does Brown deserve a suspension for a hit that made for one of the most awkward handshake lines in recent memory?
Former Coyotes tough guy and current TV analyst Tyson Nash Tweeted “Brown will be suspended for that without question!” but what do you think? Share your thoughts in the comments and stay tuned for video regarding the most controversial hit of the 2012 playoffs since Raffi Torres took out Marian Hossa.
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 5
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 8
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 6
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 89
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (92)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)