May 23, 2012, 1:18 AM EDT
Some call it a knee-to-knee hit; overtime hero Dustin Penner said it was more like a “thigh-to-thigh.” Either way, Los Angeles Kings captain Dustin Brown‘s hit on Phoenix Coyotes defenseman Michal Rozsival will probably live in Phoenix sports infamy alongside Robert Horry plowing over Steve Nash and the Arizona Cardinals’ existence.
But does Brown deserve a suspension for a hit that made for one of the most awkward handshake lines in recent memory?
Former Coyotes tough guy and current TV analyst Tyson Nash Tweeted “Brown will be suspended for that without question!” but what do you think? Share your thoughts in the comments and stay tuned for video regarding the most controversial hit of the 2012 playoffs since Raffi Torres took out Marian Hossa.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 21
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 16
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 27
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 61
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (61)