May 23, 2012, 1:18 AM EDT
Some call it a knee-to-knee hit; overtime hero Dustin Penner said it was more like a “thigh-to-thigh.” Either way, Los Angeles Kings captain Dustin Brown‘s hit on Phoenix Coyotes defenseman Michal Rozsival will probably live in Phoenix sports infamy alongside Robert Horry plowing over Steve Nash and the Arizona Cardinals’ existence.
But does Brown deserve a suspension for a hit that made for one of the most awkward handshake lines in recent memory?
Former Coyotes tough guy and current TV analyst Tyson Nash Tweeted “Brown will be suspended for that without question!” but what do you think? Share your thoughts in the comments and stay tuned for video regarding the most controversial hit of the 2012 playoffs since Raffi Torres took out Marian Hossa.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (33)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)