May 23, 2012, 1:18 AM EDT
Some call it a knee-to-knee hit; overtime hero Dustin Penner said it was more like a “thigh-to-thigh.” Either way, Los Angeles Kings captain Dustin Brown‘s hit on Phoenix Coyotes defenseman Michal Rozsival will probably live in Phoenix sports infamy alongside Robert Horry plowing over Steve Nash and the Arizona Cardinals’ existence.
But does Brown deserve a suspension for a hit that made for one of the most awkward handshake lines in recent memory?
Former Coyotes tough guy and current TV analyst Tyson Nash Tweeted “Brown will be suspended for that without question!” but what do you think? Share your thoughts in the comments and stay tuned for video regarding the most controversial hit of the 2012 playoffs since Raffi Torres took out Marian Hossa.
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 7
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 11
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 9
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 17
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (51)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)