May 23, 2012, 12:46 AM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings are back in the Stanley Cup finals for the first time since 1993, but it took a wild Game 5 overtime win against the Phoenix Coyotes to do it. Following a questionable knee-to-knee hit by Dustin Brown on Michal Rozsival, Dustin Penner launched on a loose puck to finish things off 4-3 in OT, giving Los Angeles a 4-1 series victory.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Let’s get chatting.
- First things first, was that Brown hit suspension-worthy? If so, for how long?
- Wayne Gretzky powered the Kings’ last run to the Cup finals but was also a Coyotes head coach. Who – if anyone – do you think he was rooting for in this series? (He might not have cared.)
- There were some questionable calls, particularly in Game 5. Does the victory feel tainted to you or was it even enough? Speaking of penalties, a lot of people complained about delay of game minors. Does the league need to change that rule?
- Shane Doan was clearly livid about the Brown knee-to-knee (among other things?) in the handshake line. Where does that handshake line rank on the awkward scale? Just behind after Claude Lemieux delivered a dirty hit on the Red Wings and Martin Brodeur after Sean Avery’s windshield wiper motion? What are some of your other favorite awkward handshake line memories?
- OK, so it’s either the New Jersey Devils or New York Rangers for the Kings. Which team would be an “easier” matchup for Los Angeles? Either way, they’ll start on the road.
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 1
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 2
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 25
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)