May 23, 2012, 12:46 AM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings are back in the Stanley Cup finals for the first time since 1993, but it took a wild Game 5 overtime win against the Phoenix Coyotes to do it. Following a questionable knee-to-knee hit by Dustin Brown on Michal Rozsival, Dustin Penner launched on a loose puck to finish things off 4-3 in OT, giving Los Angeles a 4-1 series victory.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Let’s get chatting.
- First things first, was that Brown hit suspension-worthy? If so, for how long?
- Wayne Gretzky powered the Kings’ last run to the Cup finals but was also a Coyotes head coach. Who – if anyone – do you think he was rooting for in this series? (He might not have cared.)
- There were some questionable calls, particularly in Game 5. Does the victory feel tainted to you or was it even enough? Speaking of penalties, a lot of people complained about delay of game minors. Does the league need to change that rule?
- Shane Doan was clearly livid about the Brown knee-to-knee (among other things?) in the handshake line. Where does that handshake line rank on the awkward scale? Just behind after Claude Lemieux delivered a dirty hit on the Red Wings and Martin Brodeur after Sean Avery’s windshield wiper motion? What are some of your other favorite awkward handshake line memories?
- OK, so it’s either the New Jersey Devils or New York Rangers for the Kings. Which team would be an “easier” matchup for Los Angeles? Either way, they’ll start on the road.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 0
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 19
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20