May 23, 2012, 12:46 AM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings are back in the Stanley Cup finals for the first time since 1993, but it took a wild Game 5 overtime win against the Phoenix Coyotes to do it. Following a questionable knee-to-knee hit by Dustin Brown on Michal Rozsival, Dustin Penner launched on a loose puck to finish things off 4-3 in OT, giving Los Angeles a 4-1 series victory.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Let’s get chatting.
- First things first, was that Brown hit suspension-worthy? If so, for how long?
- Wayne Gretzky powered the Kings’ last run to the Cup finals but was also a Coyotes head coach. Who – if anyone – do you think he was rooting for in this series? (He might not have cared.)
- There were some questionable calls, particularly in Game 5. Does the victory feel tainted to you or was it even enough? Speaking of penalties, a lot of people complained about delay of game minors. Does the league need to change that rule?
- Shane Doan was clearly livid about the Brown knee-to-knee (among other things?) in the handshake line. Where does that handshake line rank on the awkward scale? Just behind after Claude Lemieux delivered a dirty hit on the Red Wings and Martin Brodeur after Sean Avery’s windshield wiper motion? What are some of your other favorite awkward handshake line memories?
- OK, so it’s either the New Jersey Devils or New York Rangers for the Kings. Which team would be an “easier” matchup for Los Angeles? Either way, they’ll start on the road.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Without Shea Weber, Predators can’t contain Hawks in Game 3 13
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 19
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 87
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 70
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 167
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (167)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (87)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)