May 23, 2012, 10:46 PM EST
The New York Rangers might go to bed tonight in a daze – but not just because of the go-to story about their playoff fatigue. After the Rangers sporadically chipped away at an early 3-0 lead, the New Jersey Devils’ capitalized on Ryan Carter‘s game-winning goal to win 5-3, taking a 3-2 series lead in the process.
Let’s start chatting.
- In a strange way, this might be one of – if not the – best performances by New York in this series. Can the Rangers bring this kind of effort for two more games?
- More on that general theme: will the Rangers finally fade in what they hope will be a third consecutive seven-game series? With all due respect to the Senators and Capitals, the Devils are a much tougher team to shake away.
- Speaking of which, are the Devils just flat-out better than the Rangers? They clearly dominated the Flyers and it seems like they’ve been physically superior to John Tortorella’s gang when it matters the most.
- Is Henrik Lundqvist worn out? He had a tough start that put the Rangers in a deep hole and then allowed a late tally that crushed New York’s rising spirits.
- Kudos to Zach Parise, who’s quietly buffing his playoff resume with empty-netters. That might earn him a few extra bucks this summer.
- Martin Brodeur pulled a Mike Smith by showing the hazards of puckhandling. How much more of a positive impact does he make with those skills?
- Is this it for the Rangers or will they come back against a Devils team that doesn’t seem to get proper credit?
Jan 28, 2015, 11:51 PM EST
Weren’t at all inspired Tuesday.
Jan 28, 2015, 11:28 PM EST
That’s a nice set up.
Jan 28, 2015, 11:05 PM EST
Christian Ehrhoff was hurt on the play.
Jan 28, 2015, 10:43 PM EST
Had the edge in shots, and shot attempts, but only one point to show for.
Jan 28, 2015, 10:15 PM EST
High expectations in Chicago.
Jan 28, 2015, 9:53 PM EST
“Feeling the flow. Working it. Working it.”
Jan 28, 2015, 9:39 PM EST
Western Conference foes.
Jan 28, 2015, 8:50 PM EST
Washington’s young forward landed some bombs.
Jan 28, 2015, 8:31 PM EST
His 28th of the season, kicking off Rivalry Night.
Jan 28, 2015, 8:14 PM EST
Now you can see who leads the league in Corsis!
Jan 28, 2015, 7:30 PM EST
They’ll take on Chicago at Staples.
Jan 28, 2015, 7:00 PM EST
Pens captain returns after missing Tuesday’s win over Winnipeg.
Jan 28, 2015, 6:30 PM EST
Rivalry night on NBCSN.
Jan 28, 2015, 5:55 PM EST
Is expected to be released today.
Jan 28, 2015, 5:21 PM EST
Sharks, Ducks, Kings, Flames, and Oilers will all have their affiliates in the west next season.
Jan 28, 2015, 4:44 PM EST
That’s a picture of Milwaukee.
Jan 28, 2015, 3:02 PM EST
The Los Angeles Kings are bad at the shootout, and the Buffalo Sabres are good at it.
Jan 28, 2015, 2:15 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Jan 28, 2015, 1:51 PM EST
An incident against Philly on Jan. 19 was the straw that broke the camel’s back.
Jan 28, 2015, 1:39 PM EST
Chris Stewart remains a member of the worst team in the NHL.
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 21
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 18
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 58