May 22, 2012, 11:54 AM EST
According to the Weather Network, here’s Phoenix’s temperature forecast for Tuesday:
National Weather Service officials have posted excessive-heat warnings for the lower third of Arizona and forecasts say Tuesday’s high will be a balmy 108 Fahrenheit.
How this affects the ice at Jobing.com Arena remains to be seen. The Coyotes’ arena crew has been working feverishly to adhere to NHL standards — arena should be around 60 degrees, 40 percent humidity and a dew point of 35 degrees — and it’s likely they’ll continue pumping cold air through the building to keep the playing surface from turning to slush.
That said, these are fairly unprecedented conditions. Prior to this year, the latest the Coyotes had ever played was May 4 (during the 1999 playoffs) — a day where the high temperature was 91.4.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 7
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 2
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 10
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 8
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 26
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4