May 22, 2012, 11:54 AM EDT
According to the Weather Network, here’s Phoenix’s temperature forecast for Tuesday:
National Weather Service officials have posted excessive-heat warnings for the lower third of Arizona and forecasts say Tuesday’s high will be a balmy 108 Fahrenheit.
How this affects the ice at Jobing.com Arena remains to be seen. The Coyotes’ arena crew has been working feverishly to adhere to NHL standards — arena should be around 60 degrees, 40 percent humidity and a dew point of 35 degrees — and it’s likely they’ll continue pumping cold air through the building to keep the playing surface from turning to slush.
That said, these are fairly unprecedented conditions. Prior to this year, the latest the Coyotes had ever played was May 4 (during the 1999 playoffs) — a day where the high temperature was 91.4.
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 4
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 27
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 27
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 25