May 22, 2012, 11:54 AM EST
According to the Weather Network, here’s Phoenix’s temperature forecast for Tuesday:
National Weather Service officials have posted excessive-heat warnings for the lower third of Arizona and forecasts say Tuesday’s high will be a balmy 108 Fahrenheit.
How this affects the ice at Jobing.com Arena remains to be seen. The Coyotes’ arena crew has been working feverishly to adhere to NHL standards — arena should be around 60 degrees, 40 percent humidity and a dew point of 35 degrees — and it’s likely they’ll continue pumping cold air through the building to keep the playing surface from turning to slush.
That said, these are fairly unprecedented conditions. Prior to this year, the latest the Coyotes had ever played was May 4 (during the 1999 playoffs) — a day where the high temperature was 91.4.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)