May 22, 2012, 11:54 AM EDT
According to the Weather Network, here’s Phoenix’s temperature forecast for Tuesday:
National Weather Service officials have posted excessive-heat warnings for the lower third of Arizona and forecasts say Tuesday’s high will be a balmy 108 Fahrenheit.
How this affects the ice at Jobing.com Arena remains to be seen. The Coyotes’ arena crew has been working feverishly to adhere to NHL standards — arena should be around 60 degrees, 40 percent humidity and a dew point of 35 degrees — and it’s likely they’ll continue pumping cold air through the building to keep the playing surface from turning to slush.
That said, these are fairly unprecedented conditions. Prior to this year, the latest the Coyotes had ever played was May 4 (during the 1999 playoffs) — a day where the high temperature was 91.4.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 52
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5