May 22, 2012, 11:54 AM EST
According to the Weather Network, here’s Phoenix’s temperature forecast for Tuesday:
National Weather Service officials have posted excessive-heat warnings for the lower third of Arizona and forecasts say Tuesday’s high will be a balmy 108 Fahrenheit.
How this affects the ice at Jobing.com Arena remains to be seen. The Coyotes’ arena crew has been working feverishly to adhere to NHL standards — arena should be around 60 degrees, 40 percent humidity and a dew point of 35 degrees — and it’s likely they’ll continue pumping cold air through the building to keep the playing surface from turning to slush.
That said, these are fairly unprecedented conditions. Prior to this year, the latest the Coyotes had ever played was May 4 (during the 1999 playoffs) — a day where the high temperature was 91.4.
- Report: Devils fire coach DeBoer 0
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 0
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 2
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 9
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)