May 22, 2012, 2:46 PM EDT
If you enjoy chirping NHL general managers, booing Gary Bettman, and/or watching crusty newspaper reporters skulk around looking for inside information in clothes that haven’t been stylish for at least a decade, you’ll want to be in Pittsburgh’s Consol Energy Center June 22 and 23 for the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.
And you can be there – for free!
According to the Post-Gazette, 1,500 tickets will be given out for the first round (Friday, June 22) and 3,500 for Saturday’s rounds 2-7.
To stake your claim, head to www.pittsburghpenguins.com/draft on June 5 at 10 a.m.
The 2012 draft should be an interesting one. Russian forward Nail Yakupov is the consensus top prospect, but the Edmonton Oilers, who own the first overall pick, may well choose to trade down and address their defense instead.
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 5
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 28
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)