May 22, 2012, 10:36 AM EST
He isn’t quite on the back of a milk carton, but Coyotes forward Radim Vrbata has gone missing in the playoffs.
The Coyotes leading goal scorer from the regular season has just two goals and four points in the postseason and with his team on the brink of elimination, now would be a great time to break out of his slump. Jerry Brown from NHL.com hears it from the sniper about what he’s trying to do to turn things around for himself and his team.
“Every time I feel like I might have a chance, somehow it is quickly taken away,” said Vrbata.
“You have one good shift and you try to build on it and there is a penalty, or you get pinned in your zone and you can’t keep it going. You feel like you have a good chance – finally, there it is – and you have two guys who want to block it. You just have to make sure you play good defense and contribute in other ways until you can make something happen.”
The Kings and Jonathan Quick have made a habit out of making opponents miserable, but if Vrbata can get things going and spark his team, perhaps there’s a bit more magic left for them in the playoffs. For now, eliminating that frustration is the name of the game in Arizona.
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 0
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 74
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 2
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 20
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 16
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 30
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 24
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (71)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)