May 22, 2012, 10:36 AM EDT
He isn’t quite on the back of a milk carton, but Coyotes forward Radim Vrbata has gone missing in the playoffs.
The Coyotes leading goal scorer from the regular season has just two goals and four points in the postseason and with his team on the brink of elimination, now would be a great time to break out of his slump. Jerry Brown from NHL.com hears it from the sniper about what he’s trying to do to turn things around for himself and his team.
“Every time I feel like I might have a chance, somehow it is quickly taken away,” said Vrbata.
“You have one good shift and you try to build on it and there is a penalty, or you get pinned in your zone and you can’t keep it going. You feel like you have a good chance – finally, there it is – and you have two guys who want to block it. You just have to make sure you play good defense and contribute in other ways until you can make something happen.”
The Kings and Jonathan Quick have made a habit out of making opponents miserable, but if Vrbata can get things going and spark his team, perhaps there’s a bit more magic left for them in the playoffs. For now, eliminating that frustration is the name of the game in Arizona.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)