May 22, 2012, 10:36 AM EDT
He isn’t quite on the back of a milk carton, but Coyotes forward Radim Vrbata has gone missing in the playoffs.
The Coyotes leading goal scorer from the regular season has just two goals and four points in the postseason and with his team on the brink of elimination, now would be a great time to break out of his slump. Jerry Brown from NHL.com hears it from the sniper about what he’s trying to do to turn things around for himself and his team.
“Every time I feel like I might have a chance, somehow it is quickly taken away,” said Vrbata.
“You have one good shift and you try to build on it and there is a penalty, or you get pinned in your zone and you can’t keep it going. You feel like you have a good chance – finally, there it is – and you have two guys who want to block it. You just have to make sure you play good defense and contribute in other ways until you can make something happen.”
The Kings and Jonathan Quick have made a habit out of making opponents miserable, but if Vrbata can get things going and spark his team, perhaps there’s a bit more magic left for them in the playoffs. For now, eliminating that frustration is the name of the game in Arizona.
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 12
- NHL postpones Blue Jackets-Stars game following Peverley’s collapse 15
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 11
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 21
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 32
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)