May 22, 2012, 10:36 AM EDT
He isn’t quite on the back of a milk carton, but Coyotes forward Radim Vrbata has gone missing in the playoffs.
The Coyotes leading goal scorer from the regular season has just two goals and four points in the postseason and with his team on the brink of elimination, now would be a great time to break out of his slump. Jerry Brown from NHL.com hears it from the sniper about what he’s trying to do to turn things around for himself and his team.
“Every time I feel like I might have a chance, somehow it is quickly taken away,” said Vrbata.
“You have one good shift and you try to build on it and there is a penalty, or you get pinned in your zone and you can’t keep it going. You feel like you have a good chance – finally, there it is – and you have two guys who want to block it. You just have to make sure you play good defense and contribute in other ways until you can make something happen.”
The Kings and Jonathan Quick have made a habit out of making opponents miserable, but if Vrbata can get things going and spark his team, perhaps there’s a bit more magic left for them in the playoffs. For now, eliminating that frustration is the name of the game in Arizona.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 28
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 111
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 79
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (111)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (79)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)