May 22, 2012, 12:09 PM EST
So your team is in need of goaltending help for next season. No, not the team’s in desperate need of a starter but someone capable of giving the main man plenty of rest. The backup goalie market is set to be booming in free agency and the list of guys available looks pretty good.
Here’s a hit list of guys that will be available this summer for your backup or potentially terrifying starting goaltending needs thanks to CapGeek.com.
- Tomas Vokoun
- Josh Harding
- Scott Clemmensen
- Chris Mason
- Johan Hedberg
- Jonas Gustavsson
- Martin Biron
- Dwayne Roloson
Add to that list the possibility of the Flyers dangling Sergei Bobrovsky for trade bait this summer, as CSNPhilly.com’s John Boruk suggests, and teams in need of goaltending insurance (Hello Columbus!) will have plenty to choose from.
That’s not even taking into account the possibility we could see Roberto Luongo or Cory Schneider moved (or not) this summer either. Of course, those guys won’t be backups but still, it’s the summer of goaltending if your team is in need.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 0
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 0
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 5
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 0
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 9
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 6
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 15
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)