May 22, 2012, 12:09 PM EST
So your team is in need of goaltending help for next season. No, not the team’s in desperate need of a starter but someone capable of giving the main man plenty of rest. The backup goalie market is set to be booming in free agency and the list of guys available looks pretty good.
Here’s a hit list of guys that will be available this summer for your backup or potentially terrifying starting goaltending needs thanks to CapGeek.com.
- Tomas Vokoun
- Josh Harding
- Scott Clemmensen
- Chris Mason
- Johan Hedberg
- Jonas Gustavsson
- Martin Biron
- Dwayne Roloson
Add to that list the possibility of the Flyers dangling Sergei Bobrovsky for trade bait this summer, as CSNPhilly.com’s John Boruk suggests, and teams in need of goaltending insurance (Hello Columbus!) will have plenty to choose from.
That’s not even taking into account the possibility we could see Roberto Luongo or Cory Schneider moved (or not) this summer either. Of course, those guys won’t be backups but still, it’s the summer of goaltending if your team is in need.
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 4
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 5
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 7
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 20
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 19
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 43
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 7
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)