May 22, 2012, 12:09 PM EDT
So your team is in need of goaltending help for next season. No, not the team’s in desperate need of a starter but someone capable of giving the main man plenty of rest. The backup goalie market is set to be booming in free agency and the list of guys available looks pretty good.
Here’s a hit list of guys that will be available this summer for your backup or potentially terrifying starting goaltending needs thanks to CapGeek.com.
- Tomas Vokoun
- Josh Harding
- Scott Clemmensen
- Chris Mason
- Johan Hedberg
- Jonas Gustavsson
- Martin Biron
- Dwayne Roloson
Add to that list the possibility of the Flyers dangling Sergei Bobrovsky for trade bait this summer, as CSNPhilly.com’s John Boruk suggests, and teams in need of goaltending insurance (Hello Columbus!) will have plenty to choose from.
That’s not even taking into account the possibility we could see Roberto Luongo or Cory Schneider moved (or not) this summer either. Of course, those guys won’t be backups but still, it’s the summer of goaltending if your team is in need.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)