May 22, 2012, 12:09 PM EDT
So your team is in need of goaltending help for next season. No, not the team’s in desperate need of a starter but someone capable of giving the main man plenty of rest. The backup goalie market is set to be booming in free agency and the list of guys available looks pretty good.
Here’s a hit list of guys that will be available this summer for your backup or potentially terrifying starting goaltending needs thanks to CapGeek.com.
- Tomas Vokoun
- Josh Harding
- Scott Clemmensen
- Chris Mason
- Johan Hedberg
- Jonas Gustavsson
- Martin Biron
- Dwayne Roloson
Add to that list the possibility of the Flyers dangling Sergei Bobrovsky for trade bait this summer, as CSNPhilly.com’s John Boruk suggests, and teams in need of goaltending insurance (Hello Columbus!) will have plenty to choose from.
That’s not even taking into account the possibility we could see Roberto Luongo or Cory Schneider moved (or not) this summer either. Of course, those guys won’t be backups but still, it’s the summer of goaltending if your team is in need.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)