May 22, 2012, 12:09 PM EST
So your team is in need of goaltending help for next season. No, not the team’s in desperate need of a starter but someone capable of giving the main man plenty of rest. The backup goalie market is set to be booming in free agency and the list of guys available looks pretty good.
Here’s a hit list of guys that will be available this summer for your backup or potentially terrifying starting goaltending needs thanks to CapGeek.com.
- Tomas Vokoun
- Josh Harding
- Scott Clemmensen
- Chris Mason
- Johan Hedberg
- Jonas Gustavsson
- Martin Biron
- Dwayne Roloson
Add to that list the possibility of the Flyers dangling Sergei Bobrovsky for trade bait this summer, as CSNPhilly.com’s John Boruk suggests, and teams in need of goaltending insurance (Hello Columbus!) will have plenty to choose from.
That’s not even taking into account the possibility we could see Roberto Luongo or Cory Schneider moved (or not) this summer either. Of course, those guys won’t be backups but still, it’s the summer of goaltending if your team is in need.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 42
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)