May 22, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
The 2012 Stanley Cup finals will begin on Wednesday, May 30, on NBC.
Here’s the schedule in full. All games start at 8 p.m. ET.
* — if necessary
Game Date Teams TV
Game 1 Wed., May 30 LA at NJ NBC
Game 2 Sat., June 2 LA at NJ NBC
Game 3 Mon., June 4 NJ at LA NBCSN
Game 4 Wed., June 6 NJ at LA NBCSN
Game 5* Sat., June 9 LA at NJ NBC
Game 6* Mon., June 11 NJ at LA NBC
Game 7* Wed., June 13 LA at NJ NBC
– The finals will go with a Wed-Sat-Mon rotation. Very similar to last year’s Cup finals, save the Game 5 in Vancouver which was held on a Friday night.
– The broadcasting schedule will be similar to the 2011 Cup finals with Games 1, 2, 5, 6 and 7 on NBC. Games 3 and 4 will be on NBCSN (last year, they were on Versus.)
– Home-ice advantage for the Stanley Cup finals (2-2-1-1-1 format) is determined by points, which means New Jersey (102), and not Los Angeles (95), will host Games 1, 2 and, if necessary, 5 and 7.
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 3
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 37
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 46
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (46)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)