May 22, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
The 2012 Stanley Cup finals will begin on Wednesday, May 30, on NBC.
Here’s the schedule in full. All games start at 8 p.m. ET.
* — if necessary
Game Date Teams TV
Game 1 Wed., May 30 LA at NJ NBC
Game 2 Sat., June 2 LA at NJ NBC
Game 3 Mon., June 4 NJ at LA NBCSN
Game 4 Wed., June 6 NJ at LA NBCSN
Game 5* Sat., June 9 LA at NJ NBC
Game 6* Mon., June 11 NJ at LA NBC
Game 7* Wed., June 13 LA at NJ NBC
– The finals will go with a Wed-Sat-Mon rotation. Very similar to last year’s Cup finals, save the Game 5 in Vancouver which was held on a Friday night.
– The broadcasting schedule will be similar to the 2011 Cup finals with Games 1, 2, 5, 6 and 7 on NBC. Games 3 and 4 will be on NBCSN (last year, they were on Versus.)
– Home-ice advantage for the Stanley Cup finals (2-2-1-1-1 format) is determined by points, which means New Jersey (102), and not Los Angeles (95), will host Games 1, 2 and, if necessary, 5 and 7.
- Risk Factors: Philadelphia Flyers edition 2
- Risk Factors: St. Louis Blues edition 9
- Ryan agrees to seven-year, $50.75 million extension 18
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 37
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 10
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (37)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Pittsburgh releases Daniel Carcillo from tryout (26)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)