May 22, 2012, 12:50 PM EDT
Lightning forward Ryan Shannon was set to become a free agent this summer and look for a new team to carve a job out with. Turns out he’s not going to wait until July 1 to sign on the dotted line with an NHL team.
Thanks to Raw Charge, we find out Shannon has signed with the ZSC Lions of the Swiss-A League. According to ZSC’s site, Shannon signed a three-year deal with the team (German) to take his skills to the Alps. Shannon had an injury-marred season in Tampa this year and wasn’t able to crack through the depths of the Lightning lineup when he was healthy playing in just 45 games.
Shannon finished the season with four goals and eight assists while averaging just over 12 minutes of ice time per game. Finding a one-way deal in the NHL would’ve been difficult as is for Shannon and locking down a three-year deal abroad provides stability along with all the Toblerone he can handle.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 0
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 15
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 16
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)