May 22, 2012, 10:25 AM EDT
You’d never know it by seeing their 3-1 series lead on the Coyotes, but the Kings have a glaring problem.
Los Angeles’ power play has been nothing but miserable in the playoffs and they’re looking for ways to make it better on the fly. Their lack of success with the man advantage reminds us of how bad the Bruins were last year and them succeeding in spite of it.
Helene Elliott of the Los Angeles Times hears from Drew Doughty about what they can do better on the power play to try and move on to the Stanley Cup finals and perhaps win their first title.
“It’s not always about the bomb or the one-timer or whatever it may be,” Doughty said. “It’s just getting the puck to the net, creating a battle, and Brownie can bang in a rebound or whatever it may be.”
One thing Phoenix has done well is kept the Kings to the outside. Lots of the Kings’ shots have come from far out with no one in front. Making life miserable for Mike Smith is something they’re working on doing better. With all this sort of talk you’d never know the Kings were the team on the brink of winning the series.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 20
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 22
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 8
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)