May 22, 2012, 10:25 AM EDT
You’d never know it by seeing their 3-1 series lead on the Coyotes, but the Kings have a glaring problem.
Los Angeles’ power play has been nothing but miserable in the playoffs and they’re looking for ways to make it better on the fly. Their lack of success with the man advantage reminds us of how bad the Bruins were last year and them succeeding in spite of it.
Helene Elliott of the Los Angeles Times hears from Drew Doughty about what they can do better on the power play to try and move on to the Stanley Cup finals and perhaps win their first title.
“It’s not always about the bomb or the one-timer or whatever it may be,” Doughty said. “It’s just getting the puck to the net, creating a battle, and Brownie can bang in a rebound or whatever it may be.”
One thing Phoenix has done well is kept the Kings to the outside. Lots of the Kings’ shots have come from far out with no one in front. Making life miserable for Mike Smith is something they’re working on doing better. With all this sort of talk you’d never know the Kings were the team on the brink of winning the series.
- Discuss: Bruins finish off Rangers in Game 5 0
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 67
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 7
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 32
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 16
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 74
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 6
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona