May 22, 2012, 11:08 AM EDT
Not every day has to be a Brendan Shanahan day in the NHL and today is apparently one of them.
Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice reports the league won’t be looking into any of the incidents that went down in Game 4 between the Devils and Rangers. Gulitti says an elbow from Marian Gaborik to Marek Zidlicky went unnoticed during and now after the game while Ilya Kovalchuk‘s spearing action on Ryan Callahan will also go without league attention.
That also means Mike Rupp‘s fly-by chop to the chest/head of Martin Brodeur, a hit Brodeur calls a sucker punch, won’t be coming across Shanahan’s desk as well. All things considered, the Devils seemed to handle that just fine by scoring on the resulting power play and putting the game away in the third period.
Game 5 should be good and spicy tomorrow night at Madison Square Garden (8:00 p.m. ET on NBCSN).
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 16
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)