May 22, 2012, 11:08 AM EDT
Not every day has to be a Brendan Shanahan day in the NHL and today is apparently one of them.
Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice reports the league won’t be looking into any of the incidents that went down in Game 4 between the Devils and Rangers. Gulitti says an elbow from Marian Gaborik to Marek Zidlicky went unnoticed during and now after the game while Ilya Kovalchuk‘s spearing action on Ryan Callahan will also go without league attention.
That also means Mike Rupp‘s fly-by chop to the chest/head of Martin Brodeur, a hit Brodeur calls a sucker punch, won’t be coming across Shanahan’s desk as well. All things considered, the Devils seemed to handle that just fine by scoring on the resulting power play and putting the game away in the third period.
Game 5 should be good and spicy tomorrow night at Madison Square Garden (8:00 p.m. ET on NBCSN).
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34