May 22, 2012, 11:08 AM EDT
Not every day has to be a Brendan Shanahan day in the NHL and today is apparently one of them.
Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice reports the league won’t be looking into any of the incidents that went down in Game 4 between the Devils and Rangers. Gulitti says an elbow from Marian Gaborik to Marek Zidlicky went unnoticed during and now after the game while Ilya Kovalchuk‘s spearing action on Ryan Callahan will also go without league attention.
That also means Mike Rupp‘s fly-by chop to the chest/head of Martin Brodeur, a hit Brodeur calls a sucker punch, won’t be coming across Shanahan’s desk as well. All things considered, the Devils seemed to handle that just fine by scoring on the resulting power play and putting the game away in the third period.
Game 5 should be good and spicy tomorrow night at Madison Square Garden (8:00 p.m. ET on NBCSN).
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 39
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 60
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1