May 22, 2012, 11:08 AM EST
Not every day has to be a Brendan Shanahan day in the NHL and today is apparently one of them.
Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice reports the league won’t be looking into any of the incidents that went down in Game 4 between the Devils and Rangers. Gulitti says an elbow from Marian Gaborik to Marek Zidlicky went unnoticed during and now after the game while Ilya Kovalchuk‘s spearing action on Ryan Callahan will also go without league attention.
That also means Mike Rupp‘s fly-by chop to the chest/head of Martin Brodeur, a hit Brodeur calls a sucker punch, won’t be coming across Shanahan’s desk as well. All things considered, the Devils seemed to handle that just fine by scoring on the resulting power play and putting the game away in the third period.
Game 5 should be good and spicy tomorrow night at Madison Square Garden (8:00 p.m. ET on NBCSN).
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 56
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 17
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 34
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 51
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 67
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)