May 22, 2012, 8:50 PM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes would likely love to have a veteran presence like Adrian Aucoin in the lineup for another elimination contest tonight in Game 5. Unfortunately for the Coyotes, the 38-year-old defenseman wasn’t out for warm-ups tonight, so he won’t be playing as Phoenix tries to chip away at the Los Angeles Kings’ 3-1 series lead.
Aucoin played 12 minutes in the Coyotes’ Game 4 win, although every shift came before the third period.
The veteran blueliner hasn’t had many brushes with high-level success in the NHL – this is the first time his team made it past the first round – so it must hurt that he’s only played one game in the Western Conference finals. It appears it will stay that way, though.
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 14
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 36
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 49
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 33
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 26
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6