May 22, 2012, 8:50 PM EST
The Phoenix Coyotes would likely love to have a veteran presence like Adrian Aucoin in the lineup for another elimination contest tonight in Game 5. Unfortunately for the Coyotes, the 38-year-old defenseman wasn’t out for warm-ups tonight, so he won’t be playing as Phoenix tries to chip away at the Los Angeles Kings’ 3-1 series lead.
Aucoin played 12 minutes in the Coyotes’ Game 4 win, although every shift came before the third period.
The veteran blueliner hasn’t had many brushes with high-level success in the NHL – this is the first time his team made it past the first round – so it must hurt that he’s only played one game in the Western Conference finals. It appears it will stay that way, though.
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 12
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 6
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 36
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)