May 22, 2012, 8:50 PM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes would likely love to have a veteran presence like Adrian Aucoin in the lineup for another elimination contest tonight in Game 5. Unfortunately for the Coyotes, the 38-year-old defenseman wasn’t out for warm-ups tonight, so he won’t be playing as Phoenix tries to chip away at the Los Angeles Kings’ 3-1 series lead.
Aucoin played 12 minutes in the Coyotes’ Game 4 win, although every shift came before the third period.
The veteran blueliner hasn’t had many brushes with high-level success in the NHL – this is the first time his team made it past the first round – so it must hurt that he’s only played one game in the Western Conference finals. It appears it will stay that way, though.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 29
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 87
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 14
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (87)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)