May 22, 2012, 8:50 PM EST
The Phoenix Coyotes would likely love to have a veteran presence like Adrian Aucoin in the lineup for another elimination contest tonight in Game 5. Unfortunately for the Coyotes, the 38-year-old defenseman wasn’t out for warm-ups tonight, so he won’t be playing as Phoenix tries to chip away at the Los Angeles Kings’ 3-1 series lead.
Aucoin played 12 minutes in the Coyotes’ Game 4 win, although every shift came before the third period.
The veteran blueliner hasn’t had many brushes with high-level success in the NHL – this is the first time his team made it past the first round – so it must hurt that he’s only played one game in the Western Conference finals. It appears it will stay that way, though.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 0
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11