May 22, 2012, 8:50 PM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes would likely love to have a veteran presence like Adrian Aucoin in the lineup for another elimination contest tonight in Game 5. Unfortunately for the Coyotes, the 38-year-old defenseman wasn’t out for warm-ups tonight, so he won’t be playing as Phoenix tries to chip away at the Los Angeles Kings’ 3-1 series lead.
Aucoin played 12 minutes in the Coyotes’ Game 4 win, although every shift came before the third period.
The veteran blueliner hasn’t had many brushes with high-level success in the NHL – this is the first time his team made it past the first round – so it must hurt that he’s only played one game in the Western Conference finals. It appears it will stay that way, though.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)